Temple Israel of Alameda is looking for a Cantor, or cantorial soloist, for our 2023/ 5783 High Holy Days services. We are a 104 member family strong, 102 year old, Reform congregation in Alameda California. Our services will be hybrid- live and on Zoom. We can, if desired, provide a piano accompanist.
Applicants from the San Francisco Bay Area are PREFERRED.
Cantor will provide to Temple Israel the following:
- Pre-High Holy Day collaboration: Meet and work with the following constituencies to prepare and coordinate service content and music suitable for Temple Israel’s Reform HHD Services using Mishkan Hanefesh:
- The Rabbi
- Temple Israel’s High holy Day Committee
- High Holy Choir Director- Josh Cohen.
- Determine, study and hone liturgy and music for all services listed below.
- High Holy Days: Serve as Cantor for Temple Israel’s 2022/5783 High Holy Day religious services:
- Erev Rosh Hashanah (RH) Sunday, September 25)
- First Day RH (Monday, Sept. 26)
- Kol Nidre (Tuesday, October 4)
- Yom Kippur (Wednesday, October 5). Morning, afternoon, Yizkor and Neilah
- Attend one debriefing meeting with the Rabbi and selected members of Temple Israel (date and time to be determined).