Temple Beth Ami is a vibrant Reform Jewish congregation in Rockville, MD. Gan Ami is the name of our early childhood department which offers preschool for children aged 2-preK, parent-child classes for children under 2, and family engagement programs. Our school was established in 1989 and continues to evolve in response to the needs of our community. Our vision: “Every child is prepared for future social and intellectual pursuits, and every family feels a meaningful connection with our community.”
The Gan Ami Administrative Manager plays a key role on our leadership team, working with the Director and Special Projects Coordinator and supporting all teachers and families. This professional manages our office while participating in myriad aspects of program design and implementation.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for Jewish education and early education, superior organizational and interpersonal communication skills, and great comfort acting flexibly with daily routines in a fast-paced environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
Coordinating School Office Operations
- Provide effective and efficient ongoing contact with families and staff in person, by email, and by phone.
- Coordinate daily needs such as substitute teachers and room use.
Assisting in Classrooms
- Help teachers with laminating, bulletin boards, printing, social media, and basic technological access.
- Assist in classrooms with children and teachers when needs arise.
Ensure adherence to all licensing regulations, monitoring of regulation changes, children and staff files, inspection preparation, allergy and medication procedures, scheduling emergency and fire drills, and creation of necessary policies.
Managing Data and Record-Keeping
- Manage demographic, registration, and other information on children, parents, and teachers using the Temple’s database, ShulCloud.
- Design and prepare reports and monitoring systems, including basic financial record-keeping.
Maintain inventory of all kitchen and classroom supplies.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to serve as temporary Director in compliance with MSDE requirements.
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Attitude of professionalism, collaboration, acceptance, and inclusivity
- Strong time management skills and ability to adequately prioritize multiple projects at once
- Ability to create and maintain organizational systems
- Intermediate or greater comfort with MS Office Suite
- Preferred experience in summer camp, early childhood settings, and/or Jewish communal programs
On-Site Work Schedule: Monday-Friday, 9 am – 3 pm, 12 months
• Healthcare, dental and vision available
• Flexible spending account
• Retirement plan available
• Paid vacation and sick leave
• Temple Beth Ami membership
• Paid federal holidays
• Paid Jewish holidays
• Free parking