The Engagement Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Congregational Engagement, providing administrative support to the overall operations of Temple Emanu-El’s Education and Engagement team. This position provides comprehensive programmatic support by serving as an integral part of the team, being a self-starter and working with others on the administrative details of Temple worship services (online and in-person), holidays and congregational programs, as well as Temple committees, educational classes, and communal involvement.
Professional Requirements and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong orientation to customer service
- Strong organizational skills; capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Analyze and resolve problems/situations demonstrating good judgment and common sense.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Outlook, Zoom, and database management (Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge experience preferred)
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about Judaism and Jewish practices
- Administrative support for weekly Shabbat and holiday worship, which might include:
- Maintaining congregational worship spreadsheet and logistics
- Scheduling and creating links for planning meetings.
- Preparing information for and scheduling meetings with other staff teams as needed
- Providing technical and administrative support for online/virtual and in-person worship services.
- Providing additional administrative support as needed
- Administrative support for Education & Engagement Team, which might include:
- Printing nametags for all events
- Database management; input and output of information, including attendance at worship services, programs and events
- Answering and responding to calls, opening and sorting mail, preparing correspondence, setting up Zoom links
- Running technical support for Zoom and other virtual/online experiences
- Ordering, gathering, and preparing program supplies, and making photocopies
- Preparing agendas for meetings, creating reports, completing check requests, preparing set-up forms and room reservations
- Supporting Temple travel experiences by disseminating information, collecting RSVPs, and liaising with travel companies
- Supporting Temple programming by managing registrations, providing set-up and AV information to communications and facilities departments, tracking attendance, and staffing
- Managing Temple’s Map Emanu-El (calendar) by keeping spreadsheets and calendars up to date and working with staff and clergy to get relevant information
- Handling special projects as assigned
- Proofreading monthly newsletter (The Window) and Weekly congregational emails
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Congregational Engagement
Annual Salary ~$45,000 - $48,000
If you’re interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter to Julie Meyer at [email protected]