The Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County is looking for a Payroll & Human Resources Assistant, to join our Business Administration team. This position will report directly to the Business Manager and will manage the school’s Payroll, and Human Resource’s function, including but not limited to: employee relations, benefit administration, trainings and other related support.
• Administer semi-monthly payroll including processing timesheets for hourly employees, compilation of 403(b) contributions, issues related to payroll tax withholding, COBRA, FMLA, 3rd party disability, garnishments and unemployment.
• Maintain payroll database.
• Prepare and distribute all year-end tax reports including W-2’s, 1099’s, ACA 1095’s, etc.
• Maintain Faculty and Staff Handbook and recommend changes to the Leadership Team
• Ensure compliance with federal and state statues/laws.
• Stay informed on national, state and local labor law and best practices in independent schools.
• Manage new employee onboarding and separation process.
• Coordinate all employee leave, and ensure compliance with all applicable statues/regulations (FMLA, NJFMLA, NJFLI).
• Manage employee training programs.
• Manage employee benefit programs (Health, Dental, 403(b) Retirement Plan, STD, LTD, Life/AD&D and COBRA), including all employee communication, problem solving, claims resolution and annual open enrollment.
• Coordinate 403(b) retirement program including employee enrollment, changes, loans, and terminations. Work closely with independent auditors to complete annual plan audit and Form 5500 submission.
• Ensure benefits plans comply with applicable laws/statues (HIPPA, ERISA and IRS guidelines).
• Schedule, prepare and gather information for the annual workers compensation insurance audit.
Tuition Management - assisting the Business Manager
• Assist in Smart Tuition management system processing yearly tuition/fee billings.
• Assist in Tuition Collections in Smart Tuition.
• Assist in Tuition Assistance Awards.
• BS Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources or related field.
• Minimum five years’ experience in payroll management and processing, benefits administration, and human resource management.
• Technical Skills
o Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
o Ease with various computer software
• Ability to communicate and work effectively in a serve-oriented manner with all members of the school communicates.
• High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information.
• Ability to maintain all employee information with absolute confidentiality.
About Solomon Schechter Day School of Bergen County (SSDS)
Located nine miles from the George Washington Bridge, SSDS is a nationally accredited, premier Jewish day school (three-year-olds through eighth grade) that cultivates independent thinkers and the next generation of global leaders through an inquiry-based educational approach. SSDS successfully integrates a rigorous dual curriculum with Jewish values-based moral development, and provides a warm, nurturing environment guided by award-winning educators.