The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh seeks a dynamic, motivated, and entrepreneurial professional for the role of Development Officer. The Development Officer will steward donors and prospects, raise funds for the Community Campaign and other fundraising streams and increase volunteer involvement in the Federation. Reporting to the Senior Development Officer, this position is a key member of the Federation’s Development team and is responsible for assisting with the development and growth of the Community Campaign, endowment, and overall revenue streams to the Federation.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh is the central fundraising and community planning organization for the Pittsburgh Jewish community. We provide funding to local and overseas partner agencies, as well as independent programs that provides education, health and human welfare services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of donors and prospects, securing contributions through face-to-face solicitations.
- Create customized solicitation strategies based on the newly implemented Federation strategic plan, community needs and the interests of the donor.
- Manage a minimum of 60 donors/prospects with a minimum 100, measurable, donor interactions annually.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteer solicitors while working to increase the pace of and
- giving to the Community Campaign.
- Serve as the relationship manager for each assigned prospect, ensuring that their development plan encompasses the broad spectrum of Federation activity and giving opportunities and the highest level of customer service.
- Maintain interaction reports and other appropriate accurate records of donor activity
- Conduct prospect research as necessary.
- Oversee staff and volunteer tel-a-thons, as well as other fundraising programs as needed.
- Coordinate special projects and additional relevant responsibilities as required by development department directors.
QUALIFICATIONS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Proven track record in fundraising results in a goal-oriented environment, including a successful track record of closing current and/or deferred major gifts of $10,000+.
- Innovative problem-solver who can generate workable solutions.
- Knowledge and continued learning of best fundraising practices.
- The emotional intelligence, maturity, and sound judgement necessary for interacting with donors, volunteers, and staff.
- Strong knowledge of the Jewish community, culture, and practices. Passion for the mission of Federation and the Jewish community including Israel and world Jewry.
- Flexible with the ability to work with processes and systems that are evolving and subject to change.
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (Jewish Communal Service, Philanthropy in a hospital or university environment).
- Master's degree preferred.
- 3+years of proven success in annual and/or planned gift fundraising.
- Experience working with volunteers and experience in the non-profit sector, highly preferred, sales experience will be considered. Knowledge of CRM databases a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel strongly preferred.
- PA child protection certifications will be required.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver's license as a condition of employment.
- This role requires frequent travel by automobile with the availability for additional hours including nights and weekends at organization sponsored events.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORKING CONDITIONS
The nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment. This role will have prolonged periods of sitting at a desk working on a computer. Also requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, and prepare work documents. Due to nature of this role a high level of confidentiality is required. Work is performed in a general office environment, currently employees are working remotely due to COVID-19. This position does not require heavy lifting over 15 pounds or standing for extended periods.
This job announcement is not designed to cover all responsibilities, duties or activities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change. New duties may be assigned at any time with or without notice in accordance with the needs of Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.
To commensurate with experience this position has a competitive hiring range of $60,000 to $75,000 annually. The Federation offers a competitive benefits package when compared to other non-profits.
Qualified individuals may apply by sending a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to [email protected]. Inclusion of people of all abilities is a core value of Jewish Pittsburgh. For accommodations for disabilities in the application or interviewing process, please contact us at [email protected]
No phone calls please