Congregation Beth El, Berkeley’s progressive Reform Congregation, is seeking a First Grade educator for our supplementary program that meets after school on Thursdays for this coming school year of September 2023-May 2024.
Ideal candidates will have:
- enthusiasm for working with youth
- an interest in deepening the connection to Judaism for themselves and for youth
- an interest in planning and implementing creative, experiential, innovative learning experiences to meet the needs of diverse learners
- a willingness to learn
- teaching experience in a Jewish or secular educational setting, informal or formal (preferred)
- interest in and care for teaching racially, gender, and neurologically diverse students
We offer competitive pay ranging from $45-$65/hour (as well as half that rate for meetings and events); ongoing training; wonderful children; supportive, appreciative families; and friendly colleagues! Additional teacher in-service sessions and meetings are held throughout the year.
1st grade meets on Thursday afternoons, 4:00-6:00 pm
We also need coverage during our Pre-Kadima time (1:30-4:00 pm).
Interested applicants please submit a resume and cover letter to Juliet Spear Gardner, Director of Learning and Engagement for K-5th Grades.
At Beth El we value the range of knowledge and skills that come from different lived experiences. Our community is diverse in race, gender identity, ability, national origin, sexual orientation, and religious practice. We aim to reflect that diversity in our teaching team.