The Spiritual Care and Office Assistant will assist JSS chaplain, Rabbi Renee Bauer, in streamlining, strengthening and maintaining the Spiritual Care program at JSS. The program assistant will be part of the JSS’s care team, but the job is not a chaplaincy training or mentorship program. In your capacity as the office assistant, you will manage the front desk on Mondays, answering the JSS phone, greeting visitors, and helping with general administrative duties. You will also assist our Executive Director with administrative support.
Jewish Social Services (JSS) is a 40-year-old organization, working to improve the lives of individuals and families of all religions and nationalities. Our programs help people manage mental health and physical health; we care for and connect seniors to needed services and programs; we provide emergency financial help to rebuild self-sufficiency; and we welcome and help resettle and provide legal assistance to refugees from around the world. Our offices are located on the west side of Madison
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain yahrzeit mailing list and manage monthly yahrzeit mailings
• Coordinate thank you notes for chaplaincy specific donors with the development team
• Staff and oversee the logistics of Shabbat programs at local assisted living facilities.
• Assist the volunteer engagement and events program manager with holiday basket delivery to seniors and home-bound Jewish clients.
• Manage special events for the chaplaincy program.
• Assist in developing and administering spiritual support groups including grief group and addiction group.
• Provide necessary administrative support for Rabbi Bauer.
• Cover the front desk on Mondays, answering phones and directing callers to the appropriate case manager or JSS employee
• Maintain a thorough understanding of JSS programming and services, to assist callers and visitors who may have questions.
• Answer the front door on Mondays, greeting visitors and ensuring they get to the right place. Our office is appointment-only.
• Provide staff with needed resources such as office supplies, company credit card and vehicles, after ensuring they have the proper documentation.
• Receive and sort mail.
• Assist JSS Executive Director Kai Mishlove with scheduling and administrative support.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
• Includes periodic weekend and evening hours.
• Must take appropriate precautions to prevent exposure to infection and transmission of infection when working with clients.
• Requires strict confidentiality with client information.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor's degree required. An equivalent combination of work and/or lived experience will be considered.
• Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to prioritize duties and manage time effectively.
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, databases, email, and internet applications.