About Jewish National Fund-USA (Jewish National Fund-USA):
Jewish National Fund-USA (JNF-USA) is the leading philanthropic organization for the land and people of Israel. Driven by a powerful 120 year legacy of changing lives and livelihoods, JNF-USA is a partner (donor) led, independent 501 (c)(3) non-profit that's attracting 800,000 new residents to Israel's Negev Desert and Galilee through its visionary One Billion Dollar Roadmap for the Next Decade.
JNF-USA is creating a brighter future for residents living on Israel's frontier as it builds parks, playgrounds, medical centers, schools, resilience centers, bomb shelters, and so much more. In addition, JNF-USA's supports people with disabilities; brings farmers from developing nations to Israel to learn about sustainable agriculture; and makes philanthropic investments in agricultural and water R&D. In fact, thanks to Jewish National Fund-USA, Israel has become the global leader in water recycling. Jewish National Fund-USA is also changing the narrative on university campuses through its work with college student leaders and professors beyond the Jewish faith through its Caravan for Democracy Student Leadership Mission to Israel and Faculty Fellowship Program in Israel and Alexander Muss High School semester abroad program.
If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel and Jewish people everywhere excites you, then join us and you needn't wait another minute to change the world.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks a Campaign Associate to grow fundraising amongst our donors in Southern California at all giving levels, with a primary focus on those giving annually up to $5,000, through building and stewarding meaningful professional relationships with existing and prospective supporters. This position will largely focus on growing the campaign in San Diego but will be charged with supporting Palm Springs. This position will report directly to the Director, San Diego.
Your passion for the land and people of Israel will inspire your assigned donors to help the Southern California region exceed its annual fundraising goals for the number of donor gifts at various giving levels and the total dollars raised.
The preference for this position is to be based in San Diego. This role will be required to travel throughout the region.
- Solicit annual gifts from your portfolio of existing donors and develop meaningful ongoing professional relationships with these supporters.
- Identify, connect with, solicit and steward relationships with new donor prospects.
- Collaborate enthusiastically with lay leadership to leverage connections and engage them in working towards regional goals.
- Recruit participants for trips to Israel and attendees for the Jewish National Fund-USA Annual National Conference.
- Host Israeli affiliates and arrange for them to meet with appropriate donors and donor prospects.
- Utilize Jewish National Fund-USA’s Salesforce database to manage and track donor relationships.
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Ability to work from home
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel
- At least 2 years of progressive responsibility and demonstrated achievements in fundraising and/or private sector sales.
- Valid driver’s license and a reliable personal vehicle.
- Ability to work autonomously with integrity and efficiency, including a high-level of comfort utilizing virtual tools such as Zoom.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed for events and meetings.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Strong passion for and knowledge about Israel.
- Familiarity with the Jewish communal landscape of Southern California
- Proven networking skills, along with the ability to inspire and build a growing community of supporters.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, including public speaking, to serve as a compelling ambassador and advocate for Jewish National Fund-USA’s mission.
- Successful experience working with or serving on nonprofit boards and/or committees is highly valued.
- Experience using a Client Relationship Management system like Salesforce is a plus.
Salary range depends on experience level, but can fall within the range of approximately $55,000-70,000.