Bergen County, New Jersey synagogue with a warm and welcoming culture seeks an Administrative Assistant who will support the synagogue’s rabbi and assist with technology, database, and special projects.
Regular duties include:
- helping to prepare handouts, slides for online presentations, flyers, emails, letters, and
social media posts
- sending out communications, including mail, email, online calendars, social media
- organizing and maintaining the rabbi’s calendar and contacts/database
- maintaining the organization of both paper and computer files
- interacting with synagogue members and staff, as well as outside organizations
- tracking tasks and projects to completion
- developing and maintaining systems for recurring tasks
We are seeking a candidate with the following qualities and abilities:
- excellent character, including integrity, confidentiality, and kindness
- excellent organizational skills, with strong attention to detail
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- proactive; can plan ahead and can also work to tight deadlines, when needed
- proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Zoom, Calendly, and Canva
- general comfort with tech; able to learn synagogue software for database management
- familiarity with the Jewish calendar and customs, or willingness to learn
- ability to read Hebrew and to locate, cut, and paste Hebrew text. (The ability to type in
Hebrew would be greatly appreciated but is not required.)
Some in-person hours are required, but much of the work can be done remotely, on a flexible schedule. The average number of hours per week is 14, with ebbs and flows in the yearly calendar, and the potential for increased hours and pay over time. Pay is $ 22 per hour.
Please do not call. Kindly respond by sending a cover letter and resume to [email protected] We look forward to meeting you!