Congregation Beth Ahm is a Conservative synagogue in suburban Detroit, Michigan. We seek a professional who will serve as a key part of our professional team with a focus on expanding engagement and programming. We are currently searching for a full-time Director of Engagement for Youth & Families.
Reporting to the Rabbi, and in cooperation with the Executive Director and support staff, the Director of Engagement for Youth & Families will work specifically with the congregation’s younger demographics to develop programming and engagement opportunities that increase youth, teen, family, and young adult participation and connection to synagogue life.
To achieve the objective of this position, the Director of Engagement for Youth & Families will:
- Inspire members to join in the programming process and use creativity to develop innovative and meaningful programs that drive participation from the congregation’s youth, teens, young adults, and families.
- Help to build positive and long-lasting relationships between individuals and families by coordinating opportunities for them to interact on a casual and personal level. Examples include Shabbat dinner exchanges, havurot, and family camp/travel experiences.
- Lead the development and implementation of meaningful High Holiday youth programming.
- Coordinate religious school activities and teachers.
- Identify, pursue, and/or represent Beth Ahm for partnered and collaborative programs.
- Coordinate core job responsibilities and activity with other staff members to support the overall mission of the congregation.
A strong candidate will possess the following traits and abilities:
- MA in Jewish Education/related field or substantial professional experience within synagogue life.
- Must be a dynamic and motivating leader with strong planning and creative skills.
- Must have a high degree of schedule flexibility with the ability to work nights and weekends and be onsite for Shabbat and Holidays as needed.
- Strong communication, social media, and interpersonal skills are required to interact with people of all ages.
- Ability to multi-task combined with excellent organizational ability is needed to successfully handle multiple programs and engagement opportunities simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to foresee and correct problems before they happen is required.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to David Goodman at [email protected]