Do you love both spreadsheets and people? Are organizing and efficiency your superpowers? Got a way with numbers? Want to put those skills to work in a dynamic Jewish social justice environment? Shalom Bayit is seeking a highly organized, skilled administrative professional to manage office administration, systems, and operations. The Office Manager ensures the smooth, timely and effective organization of all agency activities, finance, and operations, and provides administrative support for a small nonprofit Jewish domestic violence agency. Position handles all front and back office tasks including donations processing & finance, database management, design/creation of public communications (print and electronic), and communication with clients and supporters.
SHALOM BAYIT is the leading Jewish voice on gender-based violence in the San Francisco Bay Area. We work across all sectors of the Jewish community, empowering women to safety at home, work, school and shul. Founded in 1992, Shalom Bayit's innovative programs transform the Jewish community’s response to abuse, elevating women’s safety from the margin to the center of Jewish communal concern. This is an opportunity to make a big impact in a thriving organization at an exciting time of growth.
• MANAGE & MAINTAIN ORGANIZATIONAL SYSTEMS including facilities, vendor accounts, email, web, phone, computer, videoconferencing, calendar and filing systems; answer phones; respond to information requests;
• DATA & REPORTING: Track & manage agency data; provide clear, accurate, up-to-date donor and finance reports;
• FINANCE: Accurately handle and process all financial transactions (donations processing, AP, AR); manage agency and program budgets; ensure accurate financial tracking, reporting, and reconciliation;
• DONOR RELATIONS: Coordinate all donor acknowledgements and communications; manage donor database
• PROGRAM SUPPORT: Oversee office projects including staffing, volunteers and supplies needed; provide support to core programs (Counseling, Youth Program, Community Education/Outreach) and to Executive Director;
• TEAMBUILDING: Support & attend team meetings, trainings, & collaboration; complete all other tasks as assigned.
PUBLICITY, OUTREACH & EVENTS
• Provide administrative and logistical support for events/programs in conjunction with staff team;
• Support the PR & Marketing Team with design/creation of effective print and electronic publicity including flyers, ads, emails, PR materials, and all agency publications and mailings; produce semi-annual newsletter;
• Manage agency website, social media, mass communications, brand strategy and public image;
• Collaborate with lay leaders and Development staff to produce high quality fundraising appeals;
• Respond to phone and email inquiries as needed; provide client support as needed;
• Represent the agency at public events and in the community.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, detail-oriented, reliable, competent individual with sound judgment and a keen ability to create an efficient, well-run workplace, who possesses the following qualities:
• Excellent computer proficiency (including Excel) and oral/written/interpersonal communication skills
• Experience with CRM database systems a plus
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team; ability to prioritize and organize workload and create a positive, healing atmosphere in a dynamic, interrupt-driven environment
• Desire to be part of a small social justice team dedicated to empowering Jewish women and girls
• Responsibility, sensitivity, flexibility, problem-solving, initiative and insight
• Knowledge of Bay Area Jewish community or other Jewish communal experience a plus
• 40-hour domestic violence certification training (can be completed after hire)
Women and people of marginalized genders, Jews of Color, people of traditionally underrepresented Jewish backgrounds, and survivors of domestic violence are especially encouraged to apply. Shalom Bayit (a project of the Tides Center) does not discriminate on the basis of socioeconomic, ethnic, or religious background; sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or language. We represent a variety of Jewish backgrounds and denominations. We do not provide services to batterers.
To apply, please send resume, cover letter and three references.