The Soul Center transforms Jewish life in Baltimore through innovative experiences in mindfulness, healing, rejuvenation and growth. The Soul Center has seen exponential growth in its programs and participation since its founding in 2016, going from a ground-zero start-up to running over 500 programs per year with close to 20,000 participant visits in FY21. The Soul Center is housed at Beth El Congregation, the largest Conservative synagogue in Baltimore with 1800 family members. While connected to Beth El, the programs developed by the Soul Center are run independently and are open to the entire community, regardless of affiliation.
This full-time position will report to the Soul Center’s Founder and Spiritual Director, Rabbi Dana Saroken.
The Soul Center’s Director is responsible for:
- implementation of the vision of the organization
- resource development
- effective execution of all programmatic areas
- branding and marketing
- stakeholder engagement
- organizational growth
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Serving as a thought partner to Rabbi Saroken in developing an inspirational vision and devising a strategy to execute on that vision.
- Supervising and working collaboratively with The Soul Center’s Program Coordinator and in-house social worker
- Implementing all resource development efforts, including collaboration with Beth El’s development department
- Crafting strategic plans, budgets, and goals for annual and long-term program/engagement goals.
- Building and leading organizational partnerships
- Leading the work in program design, continually strengthening programming through ongoing evaluation.
- Managing projects, budgets, professional and lay leadership committees and task forces, and more. This person will work in close partnership with The Soul Center Dream Team - a group of committed lay leaders.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant management and educational leadership experience and expertise
- Proven track record and demonstrated success in programmatic innovation, and piloting and scaling successful programs
- Either direct or indirect experience working with a fundraising team writing grants, relating to foundations, Jewish federations, and/or individual donors
- Experience developing and managing an annual budget
- Experience in building and implementing evaluation systems
- Minimum of eight years of non profit leadership experience
- A passion for Judaism and the Jewish community
How to Apply
Frequently cited statistics show that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the criteria. The Soul Center encourages you to shift this trend and apply. To apply, send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Soul Center Director'' in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis starting December 13, 2021. Salary range is $70,000-80,000, commensurate with experience, plus a generous benefits package that includes a professional development stipend.
Beth El Congregation is strongly committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals. Beth El Congregation will make all employment decisions for staff and applicants without unlawful discrimination as to race, creed, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, alienage, citizenship or any other basis protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, compensation, training and development, benefits, promotion, demotion transfer, discipline or termination. All Beth El Congregation staff, regardless of position, are expected to maintain and live up to the true meaning of nondiscrimination.