Director of Engagement
Temple Israel Center, White Plains, NY
What is the Position?
Are you excited to create innovative and dynamic engagement opportunities to help promote meaningful connections among people of all ages in a thriving synagogue? Are you motivated by working within a collaborative, vision-driven team? Then we’re excited to hear from you!
We are a fully egalitarian Conservative congregation with a large and vibrant membership base. Our community takes life-long learning seriously and we are dedicated to providing meaningful engagement opportunities for congregants of all ages, abilities, and levels of observance. We are deeply committed to fostering Jewish learning and community in an atmosphere of mutual respect and inclusion. We hope to build a strong sense of connectedness and inspire the building of strong Jewish identities through which we see ourselves and our place in the world around us.
Who is the Successful Candidate?
You are energetic, dynamic, organized, and creative. You are passionate about Jewish engagement and relationship building. You are warm and welcoming and know how to encourage community. You take initiative and can drive projects independently as well as collaborate with colleagues, clergy, and congregants to create dynamic opportunities to engage. You are an excellent communicator and promoter of programming. You are a leader with the vision and ability to actively engage all ages and demographics within the TIC community and beyond.
What are the Responsibilities?
- Through personal outreach and other strategies, develop and maintain strong relationships with TIC members and help them to develop relationships with each other and deepen their commitment to TIC.
- Partner with clergy, synagogue staff, and lay leaders to ensure comprehensive engagement across the TIC community.
- Use innovative strategies to identify and recruit prospective members and engage people outside our community.
- Oversee Member Engagement and Membership Committees.
- Develop and execute membership onboarding and resignation processes.
- Work with clergy, educational and administrative leadership to identify members on the periphery in order to further engage them with the support of the Membership Committee.
- In collaboration with Clergy and Education Team, design and implement community-wide celebrations for Back to Shul, High Holidays, Sukkot, Simhat Torah, Hanukkah, MLK Day of Hesed, Purim, Pesach, Shavuot, periodic Shabbat programming and other events as determined by the team.
- Liaise with both internal and external groups running programming to serve as point person/coordinator, with oversight for logistics, communication, supplies, building set-ups, staffing, etc.
- Work with congregants in planning, promoting, co-leading, and assessing new initiatives and ongoing programming.
- Discover and create ways to enhance Jewish engagement for new and existing members in a way that builds enthusiasm.
- Develop and implement hesed opportunities and social action events through the Hesed Circle, Hungry & Homeless committee, Racial Justice committee and the Green Team.
- Inspire, support, strategize and collaborate with our Education and Administrative Teams; participate in Education team, Education/Clergy and full staff meetings.
- Annually prepare the Youth and Family budget.
- Ensure that all expenditures are in compliance with the budget.
This position is supervised by the Director of Congregational Learning and includes mentoring and professional learning opportunities. You will also work closely with the Director of Inclusion to promote and support the inclusion of all children, teens, and adults.
The salary range for this position is 70-80K, plus an attractive benefits package.
When Do We Want You?
July 1, 2022 or sooner if available.
Excited? Here’s What to Do:
Check out our TIC website (templeisraelcenter.org) to learn more about our innovative programming. Salary is competitive based on experience, and an attractive benefits package is offered.
For questions, more information about the position, and to apply (by sharing a resume and cover letter), contact ?[email protected].