Sid Jacobson JCC and its surrounding campus, the Bernice Jacobson Day School and Camp provide a full range of cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals and strive to create and maintain an environment that is inclusive, equitable, and welcoming. We are dedicated to serving every aspect of community wellness, regardless of age or ability. We promote physical health through our innovative health and wellness center, while also providing for emotional and spiritual health through a variety of divorce, bereavement, and cancer support groups. In addition, we are Long Island’s hub that addresses social justice, uses social action to better our society, and provides volunteers with the opportunity to give back.
If you are looking for a job with an organization that makes a lasting difference in people’s lives, then Sid Jacobson Jewish Community Center might be the place for you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Program Director to join our team. In addition to maintaining a strong working relationship with school leaders, teachers and support staff, the Program Director will be hands-on leader who enjoys cultivating our youth. This position is in Nassau County (East Hills), Long Island.
Our ideal candidate will possess superior communication and team management skills and be a proactive, hands-on strategic thinker, who will assist the Director of Youth Services in overseeing all aspect of our year-round Childcare and Enrichment Programs. He/She/They will be available to work from 1:45pm – 5:15pm, Mondays through Fridays.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Oversee childcare and enrichment program, including 50-80 children per day
- Supervise and train all session staff, including enrichment teachers
- Assist in developing curriculum when necessary
- Communication with parents and families
- Coordination of staff meetings throughout the school year
- Supervision and implementation of all safety and licensing issues as pertinent to our license with the Office of Children and Family Services
- Maintain petty cash and receipt collection
- Maintain accurate records (i.e. medical log, attendance sheets) and coordinate paperwork with the assigned bookkeeper at the JCC
- Maintain snack and program materials
- Assist the Director of Youth Services with marketing materials
- Complete 15 hours of training per year as required by the Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS)
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Family Studies, Psychology, Education, or other related field required
- Minimum 2 years ‘experience working with school age children required
- CPR/First Aid/AED Certification required
- JCC and/or camping experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong team-building skills
- Detail oriented, able to multi-task
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.
The Sid Jacobson JCC has a mandatory vaccine policy, a dedicated medical advisory committee, newly installed air filters and air purification systems, common surfaces/areas are sanitized regularly, and members and staff are required to follow CDC regulations.