United Hatzalah is the largest independent, non-profit, fully-volunteer emergency medical services organization that provides first response care in Israel within minutes of the initial call of distress.
As part of Friends of United Hatzalah’s dynamic 2023 expansion, we are seeking entrepreneurial spirited, proactive, motivated professionals with a passion for Israel and lifesaving to join our US-based team in newly created roles in various locations across the US.
We are currently seeking a Development Associate in Florida. Operating on a hybrid work model. This full-time position reports to the National Major Gifts Director in Florida and will support a fundraising team. This candidate is a people – person and is excellent with multitasking and prioritizing. They should be passionate about United Hatzalah’s Mission and will work closely and collaboratively with US and Israeli team members. This position will work within a friendly and sociable team full of like-minded individuals and grow a meaningful career in the non-profit sector.
- Work with fundraising team on donor stewardship to support and enhance the donors’ experience
- Follow-up with referrals, donors, and prospects to the fundraising team to ensure that information is disseminated, and the campaign is strengthened
- Support fundraising team on local events
- Communicate with donors when needed
- Maintain and update Salesforce database, run fundraising reports and data analysis for fundraising team
- Enter donations into Salesforce as needed
- Create fundraising campaigns in Salesforce for fundraising events and enter relevant information
- Source potential prospecting leads for the fundraising team including individuals, Synagogues, and Day Schools
- Staff local fundraising events as needed (nights and some weekends)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- High degree of comfort with high-net-worth donors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and customer-service orientation
- Team player with the ability to multitask
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, knowledge of Adobe InDesign and Salesforce a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as active listening skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, creative with a sense of humor
Salary range: $40,000 - $48,000 annual salary, with comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, retirement plan with employer match, and paid holidays/time off.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected]. The subject line of the email should include the words “Development Associate, Florida”. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.