Youth Engagement Specialist – Part time
Beth Emeth Synagogue, a traditional synagogue in the heart of Bathurst Manor, is seeking a Youth Engagement Specialist. The successful candidate will have the responsibility of creating deeper connections and engagement opportunities amongst our children, teenagers and young families through meaningful programs and experiences.
This is an exciting, hands-on role, responsible for planning and implementing programs for young families and their children up to age 18.
Through innovative programs and a focus on relationship-building, the Youth Engagement Specialist will play an integral role in guiding children, teens and their families as they grow in their own Jewish lives- culturally, religiously and socially.
Some in-office as well as weekend and Jewish holiday hours are expected. Approximately 20 hours per week.
Salary: $25- 30K, commensurate with experience
Plan and implement age appropriate programs for children in a variety of age cohorts and their families, including but not limited to:
- Monthly Shabbat programs
- Jewish Holidays and festivals including Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Simchat Torah, Chanukah, Purim, Passover, Yom Ha’azmaut and Shavuot
- Social justice and chesed initiatives for teens
- Youth and family oriented social programs
The incumbent will report to the Executive Director
The Youth Engagement Specialist will work collaboratively with key stakeholders including:
- Synagogue professionals
- Lay leaders and volunteers
- Solid knowledge of Jewish customs and practices, specifically in a conservative synagogue environment
- MS office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong literacy in social media platforms used by youth and parents
- Driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
- Post-secondary diploma or degree
- Experience working with children/youth in a programming role, ideally in the Jewish community
- Jewish camp experience would be an asset
The ideal candidate possesses the following attributes:
- Love of Judaism and Jewish traditions; you are excited to help nurture the next generation of engaged, thoughtful and committed Jews
- Warmth, patience and ability to be a positive influence to others
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Creativity, thoughtfulness and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask; work independently or as part of a team
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]. While we appreciate all submissions, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.