Congregation Or Atid (“Light of the Future”) in Wayland, MA is a dynamic and committed congregation of more than 150 households that is part of the vibrant Metrowest and Greater Boston Jewish Community. We are a progressive, egalitarian Conservative congregation that welcomes and embraces individuals and families of different backgrounds.
The Marketing and Communications Associate is responsible for developing and implementing marketing and communications programs and strategies designed to engage the synagogue membership as well as outreach in the surrounding community. This role also will provide support for event promotion and coordination working closely with the Rabbi and lay leadership.
We are looking for a skilled marketing and communications professional (part-time) who is self-motivated, detail oriented and who can communicate effectively using a wide range of tools, technologies, and communications mediums.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
• Designs and implements marketing and communications programs and strategies designed to engage the synagogue membership as well as do outreach to the surrounding community.
• Manages membership and prospect communications using Constant Contact, ShulCloud (an integrated synagogue management tool) and email.
• Authors and updates website content and enhances website design
• Manages all aspects of social media marketing; also creates and distributes press releases, flyers and other communications.
• Supports Rabbi, Director of Education, and lay leaders: Serves as first point of external contact, responds to requests for information, assists with promotion for programs and events
• Provides event coordination and support: Manages the logistics for community events, program RSVPs/registrations, materials, and communications with attendees.
Skills and Experience
• Exceptional written and verbal communications, organizational and inter-personal skills
• Ability to create, maintain and organize documents using Word and Google Docs
• Ability to create and manage postings to and optimize use of social media platforms, including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others
• Working knowledge of website content authoring and management tools, database entry and update, and Constant Contact or similar marketing communications tools
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, problem solve, and adapt to changing circumstances
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff and synagogue volunteers
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are pluses as is experience with ShulCloud or other synagogue management system
• Demonstrated graphic arts skills and the ability to quickly learn new technology platforms are also pluses
• Familiarity with Jewish holidays, life cycle events, and traditions will be very helpful in this role
Approximately 10 - 12 hours per week; days and times are negotiable and a significant portion of this role can be done remotely if so desired.
Education and Experience
• Associates degree or higher preferred
• Minimum of 2 years in Marketing and Communications or similar role
$22 to 25 per /hour.