If working for an organization that supports the land and people of Israel excites you, then join us and you needn't wait another minute to change the world!
Alexander Muss High School in Israel, a signature program of Jewish National Fund-USA (JNF) and known as HSI or AMHSI, delivers a transformative experience for teens through its semester, mini-mester and summer abroad programs in Israel. Unlike any other experience, we are the only pluralist, non-denominational, fully accredited international study abroad program in Israel for high school students – one in which the land of Israel becomes a living classroom. Students spend part of the academic school year or summer in Israel during their sophomore, junior or senior year of high school on an academic adventure, earning high school and optional college credits.
We are seeking a Registrar to oversee all aspects of student's academic scheduling prior to departure to Israel as well as billing and Salesforce processes. This position will be based out of our Rockville Centre, NY office.
- Speaks to school counselors to put together student classes and scheduled
- Work with parents on classes for students
- Update Salesforce as needed
- Work with Dean of Admissions on any admissions needs that may arise with regards to applications
- Conduct interviews as needed
- Prepare all applications once completed for full admissions review
- Follow-up on applications as needed
- Oversee all Salesforce aspects of the AMHSI application process and advise on updates that may need to be made including but not limited to opening new sessions in Salesforce for both core and Day School partners
- Serve as lead contact with college boards and U of M credits
- 4+ years registrar experience
- High school, college admissions and/or summer camp experience preferred
- Teaching experience
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Analytical and technical skills
- Effective decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent communications skills including written, verbal and listening
- Excellent time management skills
- Strategic thinker
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task projects
- Must be comfortable with various software products
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Knowledge of Salesforce or another database program
- Billing and accounting experience preferred.
- Moderate travel and availability for evenings and weekends on as needed basis
- Candidates must have a valid US driver's license, access to a car and personal credit card to use for travel (documented expenses are reimbursed per company policy)
Salary range will depend on experience level but can fall in the range of approximately $75,000-90,000.
WHAT WE DO
Jewish National Fund strives to bring an enhanced quality of life to all of Israel’s residents and translate these advancements to the world beyond. JNF is “greening” the desert with millions of trees, building thousands of parks across Israel, creating new communities and cities for generations of Israelis to call home, bolstering Israel’s water supply, helping develop innovative arid agriculture techniques and educating both young and old about the founding and importance of Israel and Zionism. JNF is the single largest provider of Zionist programs in the U.S. Its work is divided into seven program areas: Forestry & Green Innovations, Water Solutions, Community Building, Zionist Education & Advocacy, Research & Development, Heritage Sites, and Disabilities & Special Needs.
SINCE 1901, JNF HAS:
• Planted more than 250 million trees
• Built over 250 reservoirs and dams
• Developed over 250,000 acres of land
• Created more than 2,000 parks
• Provided the infrastructure for over 1,000 communities
• Connected thousands of children and young adults to Israel and their heritage
Jewish National Fund prides itself on honoring the pioneers of the past and celebrating their spirit by continuing the pioneering tradition in the areas of technology, environmental progress, community development, water renewal and building the land of Israel for many years to come.
Jewish National Fund affirms the bonds of the Jewish family with their strength of unity, the understanding that each member can make a difference and the collective power to build prosperity, develop innovative solutions and promote the greater good.
OUR CREDENTIALS & PARTNERSHIPS
A registered 501(c)(3) organization, Jewish National Fund is recognized as a 4-star organization by Charity Navigator, America’s leading independent charity evaluator, for its sound fiscal management, accountability, and transparency. JNF has also been rated a top charity by the American Institute of Philanthropy and meets the 20 rigorous standards of the Better Business Bureau (BBB) Wise Giving Alliance, and the transparency standards of Tzedakah, Inc. No other Jewish organization meets all these standards.
We are ViZion-driven relationship-based, fast-paced, and Positively Israel!
OUR CORE VALUES
Be Bold: Beyond. We are proud and passionate, vocal, and visionary about Israel and Zionism. We pride ourselves on our out-of-the-box thinking and the great things it accomplishes for the land and with the people of Israel.
Belong: Stay long. We are an inclusive and diverse workplace welcoming and respecting all cultures, ages, religions, ethnicities, genders, orientations, and physical abilities. Understanding that a work-life balance is crucial to the success of our organization, we are empathetic, understanding, caring, appreciative, and respectful of one another as we strive to develop and retain our professionals and donors for the long-run.
Be Inscribed: Be the Impact. To walk in the land of Israel and see the impact of our work instills the greatest sense of fulfillment. We strive for each employee to make their mark, leave their footprint, be heard, and feel relevant as together we help ensure the vibrancy of Israel for the next 100 years. We plant the future, not just trees.
Be Kind: Act with Chesed. At JNF-USA we do not underestimate the power of kindness. We use recognition and praise to motivate teams, individuals, donors, and stakeholders. We are proud of our please and thank you’s. We listen and lend a helping hand when a co-worker is challenged. Whether random or deliberate acts, kindness is a key ingredient to our positive workplace and mindset.
B’Yachad: Together. Great collaboration between our employees, donors and affiliates in Israel is a priority: everyone matters no matter their role. We recognize that open and inspirational communication, teamwork, and collegiality is a force multiplier in reaching our goals, mission, and vision. Jewish National Fund-USA exemplifies the power of unity.