Founded in 1906, AJC seeks to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world. Among Jewish advocacy organizations, AJC is the leader in the global arena. We are known for our unparalleled access to diplomats, government officials, and faith leaders in more than 100 countries. In addition to our New York headquarters and Office of Policy and Diplomatic Affairs in Washington, D.C., AJC has offices across the U.S. and around the globe and maintains partnerships with Jewish communities worldwide.
AJC San Diego is AJC’s newest Regional Office and it is off to a strong start. The office is fast-paced, with startup energy and a highly effective collaborative relationship, between professional staff and lay leadership, dedicated to enhancing the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democracy here in San Diego and beyond.
The ideal candidate will be a smart, high-energy, self-starter who combines organizational acumen and professionalism, with strong communication skills, programmatic know how, and an overall enthusiasm for working to fulfill the AJC mission with diverse stakeholders throughout the community.
The Communications and Program Coordinator will represent AJC San Diego and uphold AJC’s core values: Respect, Teamwork, Integrity, Excellence, and Accountability.
- Serve as the point person for strategic planning and implementation of events, programs, meetings, and general community engagement initiatives;
- Provide support and direction for the office, including inventory of supplies (including all AJC graphics, signs, and marketing materials), managing workspace areas, and maintaining a positive environment;
- Take a leadership role in event/program coordination by creating promotional materials, invitations, necessary budgets, and website updates, tracking RSVPs and managing necessary follow-up, day-of support, event follow-up, vendor relations, and completing financial reports as needed;
- Responsible for drafting a wide variety of communications including short- and long-term strategic communications planning, overseeing the region’s Outlook account, updating the regional website, and implementing regional communications;
- Work with the national office and guidelines to support AJC San Diego’s social media presence;
- Oversee administrative and logistical tasks as needed;
- Track and analyze media analytics for reporting and strategic planning;
- Coordinate special projects and tasks as assigned by the Regional Director;
- Track and maintain meetings into Raiser’s Edge.
- Passion for the mission of AJC
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 2 years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent people skills (including discretion, tact, and diplomacy)
- Skilled, knowledgeable, and dependable
- Event/Program planning and execution
- Well-developed customer service orientation
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Well-developed professional and time management skills
- Comfort taking independent initiative
- Demonstrated commitment to high ethical standard and values;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications, Luminate or other bulk email platforms, and Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising or CRM platforms;
- Ability and eagerness to learn latest programs, apps, and platforms.
The salary range for this part time position is $22,000 to $30,000, depending on relevant experience.
AJC requires all staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID 19, unless one has a legally recognized reason for exemption.
This is a Part-Time, 20 hours a week position.
AJC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your application to: https://ajchr.wufoo.com/forms/sr15q851ckcl5x/