Temple Sinai seeks to hire a part-time Communications Associate (10-15 hours per week) to join our dynamic team and who will advance and support high-quality communications which will facilitate increased engagement of our congregants with the synagogue and each other.
Temple Sinai is an inclusive, close knit egalitarian Conservative synagogue comprising roughly 400 households in Dresher, PA, a Philadelphia region suburb of Montgomery County. Temple Sinai offers daily and Shabbat services, a year-round Preschool/Summer Camp, Religious School (K-12), social action programs, and an active adult education program.
- Create the weekly brochure distributed at Shabbat services.
- Work with volunteers to advertise congregational programs via social media channels and email marketing. Create and provide volunteers with Zoom links for programs.
- Maintain synagogue website content.
- Format news articles and similar materials for dissemination to participants of online adult education classes.
- Develop and design print media newsletters and communications to the congregation.
- Manage all components of bulk "snail mailings" to congregants.
- Maintaining office inventory and ordering supplies.
- Support all synagogue marketing and communications efforts as needed.
- Experience with email marketing, graphic design, website maintenance, social media, and/or other related skills
- Exceptional writing, editing, and communications skills
- Use of social media channels, such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and You Tube, among others
- Web site design and content management
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Constant Contact
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Familiarity with or ability to quickly learn about Jewish culture, calendar, community, and concerns
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong collaboration skills
- Hybrid work schedule available
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends, as needed, a plus
- Grant writing experience a plus
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19