The Israeli Consulate in Miami overlooking Florida, Missouri, Kansas City and Puerto Rico is looking for a dedicated individual who has proven experience and deep knowledge of colleges and universities and the Jewish communal world.
Are you searching for a career opportunity in which you can make a meaningful impact on the Israel - US relationship? Are you a self-starter, team player, with a winning attitude and a great sense of humor? Are you passionate and a creative problem solver? Can you establish and nurture new relationships with professionals in the community, university leadership, campus faculty and students, as well as high-level community leaders? Passionate about the issues affecting Israel and the American Jewish community?
If you answered a definitive YES to the questions above - we are searching for you.
Applicants must be fluent in English (strong preference for applicants who also speak Spanish and Hebrew).
The Academic Affairs Director’s duties will include:
* Maintaining relationships with academic institutions throughout the coverage areas of the organization. Foster relationships with university leadership, campus faculty and student leaders; updating consulate contacts on relevant news; promote Israeli culture, sports and other public activities on
* Monitor BDS activity on campuses, and assisting student leaders with relevant information and ways to deal with BDS. Prepare reports about BDS activities for organizational use.
* Prepare and supply campuses with materials about Israel for travel, education, study abroad and applicable participant programs.
* Develop relationships to help promote Israel in academic programming.
* Connect with student government, student organizations and College Republicans & Democrats on campuses to educate about Israel.
* Plan visits to campuses for visiting dignitaries.
* Create and maintain meaningful relationships with local American Jewish institutions across the various denominations and organizations.
* Build and foster relationships with leadership, executives and activists of all Jewish Federations as well as Jewish and pro-Israel organizations.
* Initiate briefings at Jewish communities, synagogues and forums, as well as meetings with community lay leaders.
* Responding to inquiries regarding Israel and Israel-US relations.
- Developing programs and events relevant to the community interests.
Apply by sending resume and cover letter to [email protected]