Student Experience and Engagement Associate
Make your mark on Jewish student life by joining Tanger Hillel as the Student Experience and Engagement Associate. You will build one on one relationships with students by reaching out to new and under-involved students, putting on awesome events, and help inspire students to make a commitment to Jewish life.
What You’ll Do
- Build relationships with students by meeting them where they are, such as attending on-campus events and meetings, tabling, one-on-one coffee conversations, facilitating small group discussions, staffing immersive experiences, and developing new and creative initiatives.
- Enhance freshmen and transfer engagement by taking charge of the FYSH (First Year Student at Hillel) program and curating diverse opportunities for freshmen and transfer students to forge meaningful connections with Jewish life and with one another throughout the academic year.
- Coordinate bridge building work with other cultural and religious groups on campus, demonstrating allyship, increasing awareness of antisemitism, and facilitating collaborative events with non-Jewish groups.
- Advise Jewish student clubs, empowering them to enact their missions and plan dynamic programs.
- Recruit and supervise student interns.
- Explore additional initiatives and projects that align with your unique skills, passions, and Tanger Hillel's organizational objectives.
What You’ve Accomplished
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 - 4 years of relevant professional experience.
- Proven success in planning and leading events, forming relationships with diverse people, experience in social media and digital marketing, including the creation of graphic design content and email marketing.
- Using Salesforce, Little Green Light or other database applications with a close eye to detail.
What You’ll Bring to the Job
- Confidence in organizing events or group programs, and a willingness to ask questions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to connect with a wide range of students.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Determination, resourcefulness, and drive to excellence.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- A team mindset and desire to collaborate.
- Creative problem solving.
- Passion for Jewish life.
What You’ll Receive
- Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace. The salary range for this role is $45,000 - $50,000.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability (LTD) insurances, Flexible Spending accounts, generous vacation/sick time, and parental leave.
- Great professional development, mentoring, and skill building opportunities.
- Travel regionally and potential travel abroad, particularly to Israel.
Tanger Hillel at Brooklyn College is a vibrant active Hillel, located in Flatbush, Brooklyn. With over 15 Jewish student groups and a fun and dedicated staff team, Tanger Hillel offers a huge range of meaningful programming and opportunities to engage the 4000+ Jewish students at Brooklyn College and in New York City.
Tanger Hillel is affiliated with Hillel International. Hillel International enriches the lives of Jewish students so they may enrich the Jewish people and the world and envisions a world where every student is inspired to make an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning and Israel.
About Hillel International
In 1923, Rabbi Benjamin Frankel started Hillel with humble means, a noble mission and a breathtaking vision: to convey Jewish civilization to a new generation. Today, Hillel International continues to enrich the lives of Jewish students and is the largest Jewish campus organization in the world at more than 550 colleges and universities across North America and around the world. As Hillel evolves as an organization, the mission remains steadfast: to create lasting connections with every Jewish student that foster an enduring commitment to Jewish life, learning, and Israel and train them to become the next Jewish leaders.
Hillel is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an accepting and inclusive environment for all.