About the Organization
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The Westchester Major Gifts Officer is responsible for the engagement, cultivation, and solicitation and stewardship of individuals through face-to-face solicitations, the organization of cultivation of fundraising events, educational projects, site visits and missions. This position reports to the Westchester Campaign Director
1. Identify and cultivate individuals and families in Westchester with major gifts capacity.
2. Work with Westchester fundraising team to advance the annual campaign, Planned Giving and Endowment Campaign, Capital and Special-Initiatives Campaigns to maximize engagement.
3. Educate donors and prospects about the mission of UJA-Federation of New York through one-on-one cultivation activities, fundraising events, educational programs, and site visits.
4. Develop and implement appropriate fundraising strategies to increase dollars raised for the annual campaign. Employ a variety of fundraising techniques, including face-to-face solicitations, fundraising events, phone, and written communications.
5. Collect and provide campaign data
6. Collaborate with Westchester staff and other divisions as appropriate to develop and implement strategies involving donors and families (multi-generational) across divisional lines.
7. Provide all necessary professional support to major gift committees including, though not limited to, Westchester Joshua Society ($10K). This includes events planning, agenda setting, preparing reports and presentations, writing meeting notes, and providing necessary follow up.
8. Meet with and evaluate progress regularly with supervisor.
· Seven plus years of fundraising experience, including face-to-face and phone solicitation
· Successful experience in and comfort with cultivating donors. Must be able to articulate the case for giving in an effective and persuasive manner.
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills and customer-service orientation.
· Ability to inspire and influence others.
· Able to work collaboratively with a team and to manage multiple tasks.
· Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as active listening skills.
· Knowledge of issues facing the Jewish community and a strong commitment and passion to the mission of UJA-Federation.
· Strong attention to detail, ability to solve problems and work independently.
· Bachelor’s degree required
How to Apply
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.