Congregation Beth Am, located in Buffalo Grove Illinois, is a congregational family devoted to doing meaningful work through the lens of Judaism that brings us joy and creates goodness in our lives and in the world. We are seeking a highly motivated hands-on individual who will lead our administrative and communication functions and coordinate with education, finance and clergy to help bring Beth Am’s vision and message to the community.
The position of Temple Administrator is an exciting opportunity to work as part of a strong team, leading day to day operations and interactions with current and prospective members, clergy and support staff. This position will directly lead the social media messaging and the delivery of Congregational communications including website management, programming support, oversee staff that are responsible for financials and membership, office and educational support functions as well as assisting our clergy and support our congregation. The successful candidate will be an organized, caring, detail oriented and friendly individual who can effectively lead and work with synagogue clergy, staff, lay leaders, congregants, and community.
- Engage with Congregational community, clergy, and staff.
- Coordinate membership programming activities.
- Coordinate the activities of office staff and complete annual staff reviews (3 to 4 part-time people.).
- Oversee the preparation and coordination of Congregational communications and correspondences, including, but not limited to, mailings/electronic messages, website, and social media presence,
- Maintain and update content on the Congregation’s web-site
- Optimize the use of ShulCloud to support Congregational operations and interactions
- Co-lead weekly staff meetings with the Senior Rabbi
- Coordinate building systems, maintenance and user functions for small leased facility.
- Provide programing support and assist Board led committees with the administrative aspects of synagogue events as needed
- Coordinate with education related activities as needed
- Assure that assistance is provided for the Senior Rabbi
- Coordinate volunteers to support programming as needed
- Coordinate Congregational events and building usage as needed
- Oversee security measures and support
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and meet tight deadlines
- Strong attention to details
- Ability to problem-solve
- Ability to work successfully as part of a team
- Ability to handle confidential information with utmost discretion
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, ShulCloud, WordPress, Outlook, Excel, and social media platforms
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Previous supervisory experience
- Synagogue experience and knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions are helpful
Work Hours – Works on site during all open office hours, currently Tuesday through Thursday 10 – 5, Friday 10 – 3, holiday services, occasional evening committee meetings, and special events.
- The position is salaried
- Vacation benefits will be provided
- Congregational Membership will be included