POSITION TITLE: Director, Campaign Operations
DEPARTMENT: Total FRD
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Planned Giving and Endowments, and Managing Director, Total FRD
The Jewish Federations of North America (“JFNA”)
The Jewish Federations of North America represents 146 Jewish Federations and over 300 Network communities, which raise and distribute more than $3 billion annually for social welfare, social services, and educational needs. The Jewish Federation system, collectively among the top 10 charities on the continent, builds and sustains flourishing Jewish communities in North America and protects and enhances the well-being of the State of Israel and the Jewish people worldwide.
In support of its new strategy, JFNA has embraced fundraising around signature continental initiatives as a core strategy in strengthening Federations and key priority areas. Given the shift in strategic direction, JFNA is committed to developing the operational capacity to support a growing number of JFNA-led fundraising efforts.
The Director, Campaign Operations will work closely with the AVP of Principal and Leadership Gifts, the Managing Director of FRD, and Campaign leadership across the organization to develop and implement the day-to-day management of all fundraising support systems and operations for JFNA’s national campaigns and restricted fundraising priorities. This position will be responsible for data systems management, campaign reporting, prospect research, moves management, and donor services in partnership with and on behalf of the FRD team.
- Execute overall FRD operations and systems strategy. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Assess, design and implement overall campaign operations and systems strategy
- Develop and implement donor acknowledgment, recognition and stewardship (donor services) process for all JFNA-led fundraising campaigns which can be executed in partnership with Program leads and JFNA’s writer.
- Prepare funder dossiers for senior development and organizational leadership in advance of solicitations and stewardship meetings
- Support donor communication and event strategies.
- Manage standard reporting for funders, FRD Cabinet, BOT and Campaign Lay Leadership for each discrete campaign
- Create overall fundraising and reporting activity calendar for each discrete campaign including deadlines for grant reports to foundations
- support the AVP of Principal and Leadership Giving in managing the overall donor (current and potential) pipeline and portfolio management, tracking and review process
- Coordinate internal KPIs and progress towards goals for each discrete campaign
- Conduct funder research including donor profile development and communication systems for tracking new funder prospects
- Working with the larger Salesforce implementation team, oversee data systems integration and management pertaining to development
- Salesforce implementation
- Database maintenance and analytics
- Data management policies and standard operating procedures
The ideal candidate
- Brings a minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Has a proven track-record of successful use of a sophisticated CRM, overall project management, and data analysis.
- Is a self-starter able to seek out creative solutions to problems independently.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, calm under pressure, confident and collaborative, and thrives in a fluid, fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, JFNA celebrates and welcomes people of all identities and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.