About Jewish National Fund-USA:
Unparalleled in the Jewish philanthropic world, Jewish National Fund-USA's strategic vision has been and always will be, to ensure a strong, secure, and prosperous future for the land and people of Israel. Everything we do -- every project, initiative, and campaign we take on – is integral to our vision of building and connecting to our land. We plant trees, build houses and parks, source water solutions, buy fire trucks, and improve the lives of people with special needs. We boost tourism, support Aliyah, promote Zionist education and engagement, build medical centers and trauma centers, fund agricultural and culinary research, and run an American semester abroad high school in Israel. We do all these things because each project, each program, each partnership, is consistent with our strategic vision – population growth in the north and south, connecting the next generation to Israel, infrastructure development, ecology, forestation, heritage preservation, and more -- all for the land and people of Israel.
Jewish National Fund-USA seeks to recruit a Director of Community Engagement for a full-time position. The position can be based out of one of JNF-USA's offices in New York City, Northbrook, IL, or Boca Raton, FL.
The Jewish National Fund Israel Advocacy and Education Department connects students from preschool through college to the land of Israel its people. Reporting to the Executive director, Israel Advocacy and Education, the director will manage all JNF-USA's community-based activities and help connect us with Rabbis, educators, and communal organizations, nationally.
The director will also be responsible for leading and managing, a variety of JNF-USA programs, including:
- Tu Bishvat Across America
- Tu Bishvat and Yom Ha'atzmaut Across America
- Rabbis for Israel and our annual Rabbis Mission to Israel
- JNF-USA 9/11 Memorial program
- Monthly Educator Seminars and our annual Educators Mission to Israel
- Plant Your Way to Israel
- Ma'alot Grants program
Israel Advocacy & Education:
- Create strategic plans for all community related areas including synagogues, Rabbis, rabbinic schools, youth movements and religious/day schools.
- Oversee JNF-USA's Rabbis for Israel program including its growth.
- Supervise field professionals (IPADs) and assist them in running and/or recruiting for all community-based programs and initiatives including but not limited to those listed above.
- Liaise with synagogues, religious schools, educators, day schools, and rabbis, including representing JNF-USA in any national collaboration/discussion/conference/consultation/round table that happens within the pro-Israel community.
- Plan and oversee JNF-USA's annual Rabbinic Student Summit.
- Knowledge of Israel and current trends in the Jewish community and world.
- Deep understanding and experience working with Rabbis, Rabbinical Schools, day schools, educators, and Jewish communal professionals.
- Are entrepreneurial and a self-starter.
- Exceptionally high level project management skills, and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals as well as groups, must be a team player.
- Are a fabulous networker who dreams big.
- Must have excellent oral and written skills.
- Days off for all work-prohibitive Jewish holidays, in addition to the secular US holidays
- 3pm close-of-business on Fridays
- Flexible expense account for mileage and donor meetings
- Top-notch healthcare (including dental and vision)
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid short and long-term disability
- 403(b) with generous employer contribution
- Opportunities to travel to Israel