- Expert technical knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations, policies and donor relations concepts, principles, procedures, and techniques.
- Expert written and interpersonal communication skills, including political acumen, to establish and maintain good working relationships throughout the organization and with outside constituencies.
- Ability to convey complicated concepts clearly and succinctly.
- Excellent organizational skills, creative thinker and the ability to manage multiple
- Must be self-motivated, ability to take initiative and make independent decisions as well as work as part of a team.
- Experience working in a non-profit institution of comparable complexity and scale is preferred.
- Technologically savvy with an understanding of modern business systems, practices and processes.
- Comfort building relationships with and collaborating with colleagues remotely.
- Commitment to ADL’s mission and values, and driven by personal values of transparency, collaboration and inclusion.
- Ten years of relevant professional experience in planned giving or related development/fundraising area
- Proven success soliciting donors, with an outstanding record in closing legacy gifts.
- Strong knowledge and experience with simple bequests, annuities, beneficiary gifts and other complex gift planning vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- ADL COVID-19 Protocol (updated periodically): ADL is adhering to public health guidance regarding COVID-19. ADL will require that all employees are vaccinated with exceptions for medical and religious accommodations. ADL is requiring proof of vaccination. ADL is a hybrid environment; this role may require 3 days in the office.
- Some travel is required (10-15%).
- This position has a salary range of $80,000 to $120,000. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York, New York. Please note that actual salaries are commensurate with experience and reflect the budget for a given position, and since ADL has a location-based compensation structure, there may be a different range for candidates in other locations. For an overview of our total rewards package, please visit https://www.adl.org/about/careers.
ADL values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of underrepresented ethnic groups, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. ADL is an equal opportunity employer. Recruitment,hiring, promotions and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment shall be maintained in a manner which does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or military status, or in violation of any applicable Federal, state or local laws.
ADL will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation to support the interview process, please contact Talent & Knowledge at [email protected].
ADL will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable State, Local, and Federal laws.
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, or be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job, nor is it to be interpreted as a contract for employment.