Temple Aliyah, a conservative, egalitarian synagogue located in Needham, MA has a great part time (approx. 20 hours/month, flexible schedule) opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic and outgoing Youth Advisor. The Youth Advisor will serve as a mentor for junior and/or high school students, as well as plan, publicize and supervise programming for these ages. Responsibilities include:
• Generating creative ideas for programming to engage youth
• Promoting programs within the synagogue community
• Encouraging participation in Regional USY events
• Mentoring and guiding board members in the development of leadership skills
• Reinforcing Jewish principles and values, including Tikkun Olam and community service.
Experience leading Jewish or other youth groups and youth-related programs, and experience with outreach and promoting programs, including a familiarity with the use of social media, is preferred. Experience in education or former participation in USY or attendance at a Jewish overnight camp is a plus. Must be able to work some Sundays and weeknights and occasional Saturday evenings.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with teens and help them develop as leaders. Hourly rate commensurate with experience. Please contact Nalani Haueter, Director of Youth and Teen Engagement, [email protected]