Assistant Director - Jewish Learning Lab at Westchester Reform Temple
About Westchester Reform Temple
Westchester Reform Temple is a vibrant, caring, and welcoming community – a Kehillah Kedoshah – that connects through Judaism to cultivate joy and meaning at every stage of life. We join together to support and lift each other spiritually, emotionally, and intellectually; carry Jewish tradition forward proudly; and impact the world positively.
We accomplish this mission through:
- Prayer and Celebration: providing musical and other inspiring spiritual expression, including for Shabbat, holidays, lifecycle events, and other times of happiness and sorrow;
- Learning and Exploration: offering engaging, lifelong Jewish study and experiences; and
- Community and Global Action: promoting justice, repairing the world, and supporting the Jewish people and the State of Israel.
Among the 1,000+ WRT member households today, you will find the embodiment of Reform Jewish diversity in America. The enduring values that guide all we do include community and connection, caring, respect, and inclusion, Judaism in our daily lives, and the pursuit of excellence and innovation.
About the Jewish Learning Lab at Westchester Reform Temple
An innovative Jewish educational program for students in Kindergarten through the 12th grade, the Jewish Learning Lab (JLL) works to advance Westchester Reform Temple’s mission “to ensure the perpetuation of the Jewish people and to cultivate a love of our Jewish heritage: God, Torah and Israel.” Students not only form an understanding and appreciation for Judaism and its lifelong traditions, but they also form a connection to a warm, inclusive community that enhances the learning experience.
The Jewish Learning Lab’s mission is to kindle a lifelong love of Jewish learning and living in children and youth in the WRT community. In achieving this mission, the JLL aspires to:
- Support the development of a strong Jewish identity, strengthened with Hebrew language, rooted in Jewish tradition, nurtured by the study of Judaism, and guided by Jewish values.
- Create enduring and joyful Jewish memories, bringing Torah to life and inspiring Jewish dreams.
- Celebrate both the richness of our traditions and the limitless possibilities of innovation, preparing us to engage with the unique blessings and challenges of being Jewish in the 21st century.
- Foster the development of an inclusive and caring community, one that reflects the diversity of Jewish life today and is empowered to serve those in need.
Westchester Reform Temple will employ you as the JLL’s Assistant Director. In this role, you will work closely with JLL Director Rabbi Leah Citrin to manage and guide the complexities of a 470 person school while supporting staff, interfacing with parents, and engaging with students.
- Be present onsite during all hours when JLL programs are in session on campus
- Plan, draft, and implement all JLL communications, including regularly updating the JLL website and Parent Portal
- Organize all facilities needs for on-campus JLL classes and programs, and coordinate with temple’s custodial team to ensure and verify the proper setup of all spaces
- Plan, organize, and execute all logistics for off-campus JLL experiences, trips and programs, and coordinate with all vendors and partners related to such activities
- Supervise Receptionist and other JLL staff as needed
- Be prepared to substitute teach in JLL classrooms as needed, and assist with advance planning for substitute teachers when possible
- Interface with students and families, particularly surrounding student behavior challenges
- Collaborate with JLL Director to innovate, imagine, and iterate programming for all students and families
- Manage bi-weekly payroll, including all adjustments for teacher absences and substitutes
- Manage purchasing and expense tracking for the JLL
- Manage student enrollment, registration and class placement process in SalesForce
When school is not in session and the office is open, your weekly hours will be 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; Monday - Friday.
Other responsibilities as may be assigned by the JLL Director
The ideal qualifications for this position include:
- Collaborative and flexible team player
- Self-starter and self-reflective
- Possess outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Strong people skills to communicate effectively with parents
- Extremely organized and responsible
- Experienced in child development
- Comfort with Hebrew
- Knowledge of and commitment to the Reform Jewish movement, its values and its institutions
- BA degree required
The salary range for this position is $65,000 - 75,000, depending on educational credentials, training, professional experience and other factors.
To apply for this opportunity, please send a resume and a cover letter detailing your interest to [email protected].