Friends of the Israel Defense Forces (FIDF) is a humanitarian nonprofit that provides life-changing support for the courageous young men and women of the Israel Defense Forces (IDF). We transform their lives through empowering educational, financial, well-being, and cultural initiatives as they protect the State of Israel and her people. Inspired by them, we strive to champion a culture of courage worldwide, ensuring a secure and thriving Israel today and forever.
Our community of supporters and staff are passionate, courageous, and impactful. Our work is driven by core values that transcend gender, age, political leanings, nationality, and religion. Our vital mission and breath of programs resonate with a diverse array of supporters – all are welcome!
FIDF spans 24 chapters across the United States and Panama, proudly offering a variety of innovative programs and opportunities. Our workplace is vibrant and dynamic, encouraging bold creativity, ingenuity, and vision. We’re searching for new talent to contribute to our mission and team.
About the Role
Foundation grants are a key component of FIDF’s current and future revenue. The Associate Director of Foundations should have the specific knowledge, experience, and skill sets to explain FIDF’s programs and projects to foundation directors, trustees, and professionals necessary to secure foundation grants. The position will support the organization by developing, cultivating, and stewarding current, lapsed, and prospective foundations for FIDF programs and projects, focusing on foundations in the Northeast Region. The position will generate foundation grants and outreach and meet with potential foundation staff and trustees, oversee foundation meetings with FIDF leadership, and manage, analyze, and evaluate foundation information critical to developing letters of intent (LOIs), proposals, and reports.
Position reports to Director of Foundations in collaboration with the Northeastern Vice President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and track foundations in the Northeast Region
- Research and develop new regional foundation prospects
- Assist in the development of a stewardship services program for foundations
- Develop foundation contacts and facilitate foundation meetings
- Ensure Raiser’s Edge foundation data entry with a high level of data integrity
- Prepare, review, and analyze NET generated reports on Northeast Regional foundation
- Work with Planned Giving and Foundations and Northeast Region Teams to develop a targeted approach to cultivate and steward foundation relationships
- Identify new foundations through data mining, demographic searches, screening information, and other industry tools.
- Cultivate personal knowledge of organization priorities and programs, research and fundraising techniques
- Assist with Grant Proposals, as needed
- Other assignments, as needed
Strong resource development, fundraising skills. Advanced understanding of private and corporate foundations, giving capacity, and identifying foundation prospects.
Excellent verbal and communication skills. Demonstrated planning and organizational skills to manage multiple meeting, events, and requests. Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines. Ability to thrive in a team setting and excellent collaboration skills.
Effective interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
Experience in using databases, developing foundation presentations, and setting up collaborative meetings with FIDF and foundation leadership/staff.
- 5-10 years nonprofit experience, particularly working with foundations
- Bachelor’s degree
- Knowledge of the Jewish community and Israel
- Experience with RE NXT (Raiser’s Edge), Excel, Word, Outlook, and Teams