The Front Desk Receptionist plays a critical role in welcoming members and visitors to Congregation Emanu El with a warm and friendly voice, a spirit of hospitality, and a genuine desire to be gracious and helpful to all. Our Front Desk Receptionist fills a vital concierge/ambassador role for all who reach out to Congregation Emanu El by telephone or in person.
The right candidate will be a strong multitasker who can effortlessly answer and direct phone calls, manage visitors’ and vendors’ secure entry onto the property, order supplies for staff, track event RSVP’s and assist with other projects as they arise. The Front Desk Receptionist shares a desk with our trained security personnel, and frequently interfaces with them in order to keep the congregation’s security needs in mind when making decisions.
• Familiarity with Jewish customs and traditions strongly preferred.
• Full command of the English language, both verbal and written.
• Computer software: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook. Database experience is preferred, but not required.
• Computer skills: Writing emails and basic correspondence, tracking events and utilizing basic formulas in Excel, online pricing/ordering of office supplies.
• Ability to handle members’ personal needs with discretion and confidentiality.
Standard office hours are Monday-Thursday from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm and Friday from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. There is also an expectation of additional hours to be assigned for occasional meetings, special events, community celebrations and other events as assigned.
This full-time position reports to the Executive Director and includes health insurance, paid vacation, sick leave, short-term disability and is eligible for employer-paid pension contributions after one year of employment.
No phone calls please - send resume to [email protected]