Location: Boca Raton, FL
Work Model: Hybrid
Who We Are:
NCSY, a division of the Orthodox Union, connects with Jewish teens through innovative, cutting-edge social and recreational programs to develop a positive Jewish identity. NCSY Inspires Jewish teens and their connection to Israel through informal Jewish education, retreats and summer programs. NCSY Empowers teens through leadership development and guidance to become passionately committed leaders of the Jewish community and instruments for positive change and renewal. NCSY is the premier organization dedicated to connect, inspire and empower Jewish teens and encourage passionate Judaism through Torah and Tradition.
The Orthodox Union (OU) is the largest Orthodox Jewish organization in the United States. Founded in 1898, the OU supports a network of synagogues, youth programs, Jewish and Religious Zionist advocacy programs, programs for the disabled, localized religious study programs, and international units. The OU maintains a kosher certification service, whose circled U symbol, ? , is found on the labels of many kosher commercial and consumer food products.
The Southern NCSY Senior Director of Programming is responsible for managing effective oversight of programming, relationships, and community impact across the region. A qualified Senior Director of Programming is an individual who lives a Torah observant lifestyle and can convey this through their passion and knowledge. The candidate is a skilled communicator and a self-starter with the ability to problem solve and get things done. Friendly, supportive, savvy, and professional, the Senior Director of Programming is comfortable with supporting challenging situations, has positive social presence, and possesses a demonstrated ability to support others around them to make positive professional choices. This position reports directly to the CEO/ Regional Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure Kiruv excellence, in close consultation with the Regional Director through oversight and support for the implementation and execution of annual and ongoing formal and informal education programming including JSU, Private School JSU, Learn and Earn/Latte and Learn, SGF Events, Alumni, JFX, Emtza, and Shabbatons among others.
- Support Program staff regularly, ensuring communication between parties
- Preempt and solve general issues
- Work with Logistics and Operations to ensure successful implementation of programs and shabbatons
- Manage and oversee all major NCSY senior events, shabbat and holiday programs for all departments and closely work with all regional teams to ensure appropriate execution of programs including end of year banquet.
Shabbatons: Local and Regional
- Oversee Shabbatons in consultation with programming and operations team. onsite with Kiruv and be onsite to ensure the smooth running of events.
- Attend all Regional Shabbatons, including Yarchei Kallah
- Oversee schedule of local Chapter Shabbatons
- Oversee selected Departments to ensure overall growth and efficiencies.
- Help foster a Family oriented community within all departments of NCSY.
- Oversee and set accountable growth metrics, KPIs and oversight for each outreach staff.
- Model and help staff adopt a growth mindset approach towards fulfillment of professional goals
- Work with the TJJ director to monitor transitions of teens and audit goals
- Broker and help staff inside departments and across departments communicate for productive outcomes by taking an NCSY approach towards all opportunities
- Work with all Southern chapters to ensure best practices, including KPI’s, Shabbaton attendance, annual calendar etc.
- Create KPI reports and use data to ensure objective targets
- Work closely with CEO and Operations to ensure accountability of programs and staff expenses.
- Support Staff to define, in writing, goals for each programmatic deliverable
- Oversee creation of annual calendar
- Coordinate with the Regional Director and Finance to create and oversee budgets for target programs
- Ensure fulfillment of collection of accurate data at all programs using sign in sheets
- Ensure all data is accurately recorded in database
- Liaise with National NCSY on Data management, KPI’s, RFPs, and National programs
- Run and attend meetings as needed
- Attend Staff Conferences
- Ensure all NCSY standards and policies are monitored and supported
- Liaise with Marketing department to ensure program coordinators communicate with Parents regularly
Salary and Benefits:
Competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
We offer employee-sponsored healthcare, dental and vision plans.
Other benefits include:
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation days
- Paid Jewish and most Federal holidays
- Short Fridays to accommodate for the Sabbath
- Free life and disability insurance
- 403(b) retirement plan which the OU will contribute 5% of your wage towards retirement savings after you contribute at least 2% (only eligible after 3 years of continuous service)