Assistant Director of Partnerships and Programs - Israel
Location: Remote/Israel Based
Momentum (previously known as the JWRP), a global non-profit organization based in Maryland, USA, was established in 2008 to empower women to change the world through Jewish values that transform themselves, their families, their communities, and the world.
Momentum’s flagship program, the Momentum Year-Long journey, is an educational experience
that includes a free, eight-day, personal immersive journey through Israel. More than 20,000 Jewish individuals from more than 25 different countries have already experienced this life changing trip, together with 250 Partner Organizations around the world. Participants return home with the best gift of all — a love for Israel, a profound kinship with each other, and a connection to Jewish values. At the request of many participants, their husbands, and Partner Organizations, we created Momentum opportunities for men, helping to lift the family together. Over 1,000 men have already experienced the spirit-building power of Momentum. In 2014, Momentum partnered with Israel’s Ministry of Diaspora Affairs, significantly expanding Momentum’s reach.
Dedicated to inspiring Jewish individuals to live their most meaningful lives, Momentum has expanded to provide three entryways:
Momentum Living, our multimedia platform, is home to a growing array of on-demand videos and podcasts, engaging webinars, thoughtful articles, and virtual reunions. With new dynamic content added daily, Jewish parents can tune in from wherever they are to gain the tools and inspiration they need to connect to their Jewish heritage in meaningful ways.
Momentum Journeys are transformative experiences that bring together Jewish individuals – both locally and in Israel – to connect to Jewish values, engage with Israel, take action, and foster unity without uniformity.
Momentum Learning features robust educational programming and resources to enable our community to learn on their own, with their families, and with their friends; to bring their learning into every area of their lives; and to enrich every holiday celebration.
As a key member of the Programs team, the Assistant Director of Partnerships and Programs works both within the department as well as cross-functionally to create and implement the global program strategy for Momentum, with a focus on Israel. Provides overall direction for the creation of Israel-based partners and the inclusion of Israelis with Momentum trips and drives ongoing programming to continue participation in Momentum initiatives. Manages and empowers the Momentum Israel Public Council.
In collaboration with the Director and colleagues, this position will contribute to crafting the overall program strategy, based on understanding the needs and goals of current and prospective partners, and will ensure seamless execution of all tactical components. Responsible for budget development and management and making independent decisions that align with the overall regional strategy. Reporting to the Director of Partnerships, manages a staff of 3 on the Israeli team including hiring, training, and supervision.
- Partnership Strategy: With guidance from the Director of Partnerships and Programs, develops a Strategic Partnership Plan for the Israeli region that reflectsprioritiesfor diversity and international development and guides Momentum’s growth in communities in the region.
- Identifies opportunities for strategic expansion of the program and partner work in the Israeli region and recommends approaches for continually enhancing Momentum’s impact.
- Collaborates with leaders of other regions and departments (e.g., marketing & education), to provide relevant subject matter expertise and guide the growth of new products in ways that stay aligned with partner needs and opportunities.
- Partnership Growth:
- Recruits targeted partnerships in the region by identifying appropriate prospective organizations, cultivating the relationships, and closing the partnership agreements with Momentum. Focuses on both expansion within an existing community to deepen impact, as well as adding new communities to expand Momentum’s reach.
- Maximizes impact within targeted cities by developing and implementing strategies to stimulate collaborations among partners and identifying potential partner-specific programming.
- For new communities, maps communal needs, identifies opportunities for development and assesses the feasibility of long-term impact.
- Ensures team achievement of program participation goals, including relevant expansion of the ways in which existing partners and participants are involved with Momentum.
- Conducts ongoing research and market analysis of existing partners to ensure their perspectives and needs are prioritized in current and future Momentum program offerings.
- Partnership Management: Directs management of relationships with partner organizations in theIsraeli region:
- Ensures partners are educated about Momentum’s vision,mission, and expectations, and that they adhere to policies and procedures.
- Ensures staff fully prepares partners to send their constituents on Momentum trips and programs, including but not limited to, assistance with fundraising strategy, marketing, recruitment, trip preparation and logistics management.
- Ensures all impact goals are achieved within the region with respect to number of partners, trip participant levels, and partnership diversity.
- Ensures staff monitors and maximizes theimpact of educational programs delivered by partners and provides resources and coaching where necessary.
- Oversees the development and implementation of partnership training tools for new and existing partners.
- Develops and grows the Israel Momentum Community - a unique program for Israeli participants where Israeli women can learn Jewish values with a focus on developing an “Israeli-Jewish” identity with a goal of impacting the larger Israeli public.
- Momentum Israel Public Council:
- Manages and empowers the Momentum Israel Public Council to make a significant impact on Israeli Society.
- Supervision: Delivers robust, proactive, and growth-oriented supervision to the Israeli team:
- Recruits, trains, and onboards assigned staff.
- Ensures staff have SMART goals, clear expectations, constructive feedback, and strong mentorship. Incorporates organizational-wide priorities (e.g., development) into supervision activities.
- Maximizes cross collaboration of staff with other departments and works to optimize their involvement in cross-team/hub meetings.
- Team Administration:
- Develops and manages Israeli regional program budgets and ensures accurate reporting with Finance.
- Contributes to the communication and implementation of IT/Systems needs and enhancements for the department.
- Lay Leader & Donor Relations:
- Stewards relationships with relevant Momentum lay leaders including committee leaders, alum, and lay leaders in the region.
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with donor prospects with the help of the community leaders by attending partner events in the region. Works with each Partnership team member to incorporate development in their regions.
- Develops the Momentum brand in Israel by using PR, social media, collaborations, and campaigns that significantly impact Israeli society, in conjunction with the Momentum Chief Marketing Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in non-profit program management, community outreach and program operations. Experience in a national and/or global setting strongly preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience required. Proven ability to mentor others on the team
- Excellent relationship building and communication skills - excellent written and verbal skills and the ability to deliver effective presentations with varied audiences.
- Demonstrates innovation, creativity, and a commitment to excellence.
- Exceptional project management skills with proven ability to be a resourceful problem-solver.
- Deep passion and commitment to the mission of Momentum and Israel.
- Ability to periodically travel to assigned partners and participate on a Momentum trip.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours including weeknights and Sundays when necessary to participate in Momentum meetings and events.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary expectations