Temple Beth Shalom in Needham is looking for a passionate, flexible, nurturing teacher for our early childhood program. We seek an experienced professional with a collaborative spirit who can create a rich learning environment with children ages 3-5 years.
$1,000 signing bonus!
Teachers play a key role, setting the tone by valuing each child and family as individuals. By modeling responsibility, welcoming, and caring, teachers foster children’s Jewish identity. TBS Children’s Center teachers have the educational qualifications, dispositions, knowledge, dedication to learning, and professional commitment necessary to promote children and their families as they learn and develop. Teachers work together with their teaching team to develop, implement, and evaluate the classroom pedagogy, to provide a quality educational program reflecting the goals and values of the school. Teachers monitor the development and learning of the children and partner with families in sharing this information. Teachers also supervise and provide guidance to substitutes and classroom volunteers.
WHAT MAKES YOU GREAT FOR THIS ROLE
The following statements feel like they were written to describe you:
- Teaching young children brings you joy. You value and promote children’s play and are curious about the child’s perspective. You look forward to active days of creativity and learning.
- You understand child guidance in a developmental context and are alert to the learning process for each child. Your working knowledge of the growth and development of young children brings an ability to utilize this information in the classroom
- You ask for help, accept suggestions, and offer guidance to others.
- Communication with families is important to you and you seek to teach adults as well as children. You are committed to being a positive source of guidance for children and families.
- Flexible by nature, you listen to children, adapting the curriculum to their needs and interests.
- You are diligent about health and safety, offering emotional and physical comfort and caring to your young students.
- Learning is in your nature and you are a lifelong learner yourself, taking time for regular reflection and self-examination. You seek to expand your perspective and the perspectives of others.
HOURS & COMPENSATION
Mondays-Fridays year round. Teaching from 11:30am-6:30pm plus an hour of planning time daily: $40,000-$45,000. $1,000 signing bonus!
We are taking COVID-19 prevention seriously with upgraded HVAC system, regular testing, time outdoors, and consistent classes taught by a teaching team. Covid vaccinations are required.