Widely regarded as a leader in special education, SINAI operates 8 schools for individuals ages 6-21, with a wide range of learning and developmental disabilities as well as other special needs. We focus on maximizing each student’s academic, emotional, and social potential, while developing a strong knowledge and love of his or her traditional Jewish heritage. We teach our students skills that promote success in mainstream academic, social and vocational settings, and empower them to become productive and confident members of the community. Each of SINAI’s schools is integrated within a regular education partner Jewish Elementary or High School, creating an inclusion experience that is personalized for every single child.
SINAI Schools is seeking a part-time Occupational Therapist for the 2022-23 year to teach children with special needs ranging from ages 6-14 for our campus in Riverdale, NY, Irving Montak SINAI School at SAR Academy. The ideal candidate will be Board Certified in Occupational Therapy and will bring a wealth of knowledge and experience with children with special needs and can work with individuals of different ages and abilities.
- Use Occupational Therapeutic techniques to address the fine and gross motor deficits of students with special needs ages 6-14.
- Meet with students individually as well as in groups.
- Collaborate with colleagues to identify physical/social/emotional skills and strategies to be targeted in sessions and generalized throughout the day.
- Board Certification in Occupational Therapy (preferred)
- 3-5 years experience, preferably within a special education setting
Please send resumes to [email protected].
Qualified minorities and/or women are encouraged to apply; EEO.