About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
The mail clerk is responsible for the timely and efficient circulation of all mail throughout the organization, including sorting, picking up, scanning, and delivering interoffice mail. The mail clerk is also responsible for the proper allocation of postage costs to each department and the metering of presorted and first-class mail, handling FedEx and overnight shipments, and other tasks as assigned.
- Process incoming mail, including sorting all mail for the organization; the timely delivery of mail and parcels in accordance with established schedules; obtaining signature of all parcels delivered, maintaining mail bins and carts for accurate delivery of mail to employees.
- Scan all mail daily
- Process outgoing mail, including wrapping, preparing, and determining proper mail classification (first class, first class presort, overnight, and so forth) for FedEx pick up.
- All messenger related deliveries to and from events.
- All mail house related deliveries.
- Maintain the archive list and files being sent to or retrieved from offsite archive facility.
- Answer all Mailroom related emails
- Provide toner as requested. Maintain toner inventory.
- Perform additional tasks as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum one year of experience in a mail department
- Hands-on experience with mailing equipment.
- Knowledge of USPS rate, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of FedEx services.
- Ability to lift and carry packages and items up to 70lbs.
- Ability to push or pull hand trucks and flatbeds weighing up to 1000 pounds and pallets weighting up to 2000lbs with pneumatic hand jack.
- Good communication skills, including phone skills.
The salary for this position is $45,000 annually.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.