The Campaign Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating, and facilitating all aspects of the Annual Giving program, comprised of dTHS Annual Campaign and Annual Gala, and for supporting special campaigns and events, as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Generate annual gift revenue through direct mail, special events, and web engagement.
- Identify and train a core group of volunteers each year to assist in the Annual Campaign, special events, and other fundraising programs as needed.
- Manage Annual Giving donors and active pool of prospective donors.
- Develop and steward relationships with Annual Giving donors.
- Map out solicitation strategies for each of the constituencies.
- Prepare fundraising materials, including, but not limited to, solicitation and acknowledgment letters.
- Work with Marketing and Communications to create annual video solicitation, promotional brochure, and social media campaign.
Annual Gala Fundraising Event
- Plan and execute all aspects of the Annual Gala.
- Work closely with the Director of Development, Head of School, and Board Development VP in identifying prospective honorees.
- Coordinate with the Hirsch Family to select the Nita Hirsch Community Service Award recipient.
- Work with the Director of Development to identify a group of volunteers for the Gala Committee and oversee the Committee.
- Create and execute a solicitation plan for the event including mailings, invites, phoneathons, etc.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications team on all promotional materials – invitations, emails, tribute journal, Gala video design components, Gala program, and all social media promotions.
- Work with the event producer to design an engaging and innovative event program to showcase the school.
- Coordinate with the Arts Department on student performances including musicians, dancers, and musical theater performers.
Capital, Endowment, and Other Campaign Support
- Provide campaign and event support for the Director of Development.
- Assist the Director of Development in creating and implementing strategies for increasing donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Work directly with Director of Development to coordinate donor visits for key programs and special on-campus events.
- Work with the Director of Development to prepare and present proposals for prospective donors and foundations.
- Work with the Director of Development to identify prospective individual and institutional donors
- Cultivate relationships, solicit, and steward new donors.
Donor Relations - Cultivation, Stewardship, and Events
- Assist with developing and implementing strategies for increasing donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Assist with donor cultivation and recognition events.
- Build ongoing relationships between dTHS and its constituents.
- Work closely with the Director of Event Management on planning and implementing annual Generations Day event:
- coordinate with Database Coordinator and Marketing on the design and mailing of invitation
- work with the Dean of Students, Arts Department, and various Academic Departments on the program for the event
- plan and implement a cultivation strategy including giveaways, materials to present, and which aspects of the school to showcase for the special guests.
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, help plan donor events including bi-yearly donor recognition events on campus, Head of School coffee prior to Open House, etc.
- Evaluate effectiveness of development efforts and make improvements accordingly, with direction from the Director of Development
- Work effectively with co-workers in Development to maintain harmonious teamwork, effective departmental and organizational communication, and maximum production.
- Provide analytical information to the Director of Development that will assist in the creation of informative reports that illustrate the performance of the Annual Giving Program and its components.
- Be an active and visible member of the school community through participation in school-wide events, meetings, student sporting events, art performances, theatre performances, open houses, graduation, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Three years experience working in development/fundraising.
- Enthusiasm for mission and vision of de Toledo High School and strong commitment to embrace and promote its culture.
- Strong familiarity with independent school sector and/or the Jewish community.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with people at all levels and in all settings.
- Strong organizational skills sufficient to handle multiple projects, details, and deadlines simultaneously; strong ability to prioritize.
- Commitment to achieving fiscal goals.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge, GSuite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive) and Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher)
- Ability to learn new systems quickly and effectively.
- Ability to conduct prospect research for corporations and individuals.
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial, self-confident.
- Team player who works well with peers.
- Comfortable working within a fast-paced dynamic school environment.
- Unquestionable personal integrity, excellent judgment, sound instincts, diplomacy and patience.
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before beginning employment and to submit to COVID-19 testing as required.
About de Toledo High School
Founded in 2002, de Toledo High School (formerly New Community Jewish High School) is an independent Jewish community high school located in West Hills, CA. It is a vibrant and academically rigorous school community where intellectual imagination and ethical action are inseparable. We seek to shape students into persons of character who will be respectful, knowledgeable, and collaborative leaders who conduct themselves in accordance with ethical standards. At dTHS, every student may strive to be both an A+ student and an A+ human being. Our mission is to raise a new generation of Jewish leaders for whom Jewish values and tradition shape and guide their vision and for whom knowledge creates possibilities for moral action, good character and shalom. For more information, please visit www.dths.org.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected].