Sid Jacobson JCC and its surrounding campus, the Bernice Jacobson Day School and Camp provide a full range of cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. We are a national leader in providing care for those suffering from chronic illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Parkinson’s, and other degenerative illness, as well as offering year-round social, recreational, fitness, and vocational programs for children, teens, and adults living with special needs. In addition, we are Long Island’s hub that addresses social justice, uses social action to better our society, and provides volunteers with the opportunity to give back.
We are dedicated to serving every aspect of community wellness, regardless of age or ability. We promote physical health through our innovative health and wellness center, while also providing for emotional and spiritual health through a variety of divorce, bereavement, and cancer support groups. Enjoy a lively Zumba class or work out at our state of the art fitness center. Make new friends. Meet popular authors and inspiring speakers. Celebrate holidays. Play canasta. Practice your Hebrew. Try your hand at watercolor painting. Work out with a personal trainer. We offer educational and interactive programs for seniors 60+ to help them achieve physical fitness, experience the world through cultural programs, keep their minds active with lectures, and engage with their peers in social groups.
Looking for a career? Enjoy traveling? Good with customer service? We are currently accepting applications for Part-time Full-time Bus Drivers. Come join us. This position is in Nassau County, (East Hills) Long Island.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Determines the most practical driving route
- Arrive at pick-up and drop-off points on time
- Escorts trips as assigned
- Completes and submits required forms and records in a timely and professional manner
- Notifies supervisor with passenger concerns
- Follows SJJCC and insurance company's protocol on a daily basis
- Notifies supervisor immediately when an accident occurs involving a SJJCC vehicle
- Notifies supervisor when a bus repair is needed and facilitates the delivery and pick-up of bus to and from the mechanic
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and six + months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Clean DMV driving record
- Knowledge of Western Long Island area
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.
The Sid Jacobson JCC has a mandatory vaccine policy, a dedicated medical advisory committee, newly installed air filters and air purification systems, common surfaces/areas are sanitized regularly, and members and staff are required to follow CDC regulations.