The Organizational Admin is an integral member of the Emek Beracha staff and community. We are seeking someone who can be present on-site at least once a week, and are flexible to remote work the majority of the time. This role carries significant growth opportunities for the right candidate who is interested in community outreach, event planning, and organizational management at a community shul in Palo Alto, CA. A successful candidate will enjoy working closely with a committed staff and board, pay close attention to detail, and enthusiastically ask questions and learn new systems.
- Utilize ShulCloud to input member contributions, organize campaigns, create event registrations, and generate reports.
- Manage the organization’s website (also using ShulCloud).
- Member correspondence, including responding to direct inquiries from members and also generating the organization’s two weekly emails.
- Maintain supplies for the office, cleaning crew, and Kiddush/Seuda Shlishit by tracking and ordering inventory.
- Vendor management (cleaning crew, landscaping, and other maintenance teams).
- Assist with tracking and processing expense and reimbursement requests.
- Work closely with the organization’s bookkeeper to process invoices and reimbursements for payment.
- File bank deposits and diligently maintain records.
- Promptly issue payment to vendors.
- Lead event coordination for events such as community socials, Shabbatons, and holiday programming. This involves corresponding with caterers, entertainment vendors, and venues (for off-site events).
- Project management for several upcoming construction projects.
- Recruit and manage volunteers.
- Undertake member engagement and outreach for both current and prospective members.
Emek Beracha is a community shul in the heart of Silicon Valley. Led by Rabbi Yitzchok Feldman, our staff also includes a Director of Educational Outreach and financial bookkeeper. Much of the programming in our community is member and volunteer led, and we are looking for an Organizational Admin to help us during a period of growth. In just the last 12 months, Emek Beracha has come to host a new secondary school, and has launched a new initiative called the Jewish Women’s Connection @ EB, in addition to a general increase of programming. Join our team on a journey of growth and community building!