Alef-Bet Child Care Preschool Director
Alef-Bet Child Care, a welcoming, warm community in the heart of Cambridge is seeking a loving and energetic Preschool Director to join our team. Our children range from 15 months to Pre-K. At Alef Bet we are guided by a play based philosophy. Our dedicated teachers work in collaboration with each other, our leadership team and our families to care for the whole child. Alef-Bet Child Care is a preschool with daycare hours - open from 8:30-5:30.
We are seeking a dedicated and experienced Preschool Director to lead our Jewish Preschool facility located in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The ideal candidate will have a passion for early childhood education, a deep understanding of Jewish culture and traditions, and strong leadership skills to create a nurturing and enriching environment for children.
- Lead a safe and high quality childcare environment in collaboration with our board and teaching team
- Ensure Alef Bet maintains our high ratings as an excellent Cambridge school, maintains our EEC license, and support the process of Cambridge pre-k approval.
- Support our center’s growth including opening new classrooms to serve our community,
- Provide visionary leadership and overall management of the preschool facility, ensuring its smooth operation and adherence to Jewish values and principles.
- Create a warm, welcoming, and safe environment for children, staff, and families, fostering a sense of community and belonging.
- Oversee administrative tasks such as budget management, enrollment, and record-keeping, ensuring compliance with local regulations and licensing requirements.
- Develop and implement an age-appropriate curriculum that integrates Jewish traditions, values, and customs into daily activities and lessons.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise qualified staff members, setting clear expectations and promoting professional development.
- Collaborate with parents and families to establish effective communication channels, addressing their concerns and maintaining a strong partnership.
- Conduct regular staff meetings, workshops, and training sessions to enhance the skills and knowledge of the preschool team.
- Foster a culture of inclusion, diversity, and respect, promoting an atmosphere where children of all backgrounds can thrive.
- Maintain a safe and sanitary facility by adhering to health and safety regulations, implementing emergency procedures, and conducting routine inspections.
- Plan and organize special events, holiday celebrations, and cultural activities that reflect Jewish traditions and engage children, families, and staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education, Child Development, or a related field (Master's preferred).
- Deep understanding of Jewish culture, traditions, and customs, and an ability to integrate them into educational programming.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of local licensing regulations and early childhood education best practices.
- Ability to create a nurturing and inclusive environment for children and families from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities, with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and childcare management software.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in early childhood education, with 2 years in a leadership or management role.
- Experience in curriculum development in Pre-School settings
Systemic inequities in hiring have caused women, people of color, LBTQIA+ folks, and others to apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. Alef Bet encourages you to break that statistic and apply, as no one ever meets 100% of the qualifications. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Salary range $78,000-$92,000 depending on experience
- Health and dental insurance
- MA State Parental Leave
- Free off-site parking
- Many paid Federal and Jewish holidays off and early close on Fridays
- Professional development opportunities.
- Meaningful work in a nurturing and culturally enriching environment.
The Director of Alef Bet Child Care will work closely with the Director of Community Engagement and report to the Alef Bet Child Care board made up of parents and community members.
If you have the qualifications and enthusiasm for this position, we encourage you to apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to [email protected] detailing your relevant experience and your approach to integrating Jewish culture into early childhood education. We look forward to reviewing your application!