About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
The Content Creator plays an integral role in UJA’s Brand & Marketing team, a highly collaborative and dynamic environment. Content creator is charged with showcasing UJA’s impact in compelling ways across multiple channels.
We’re looking for a multi-genre storyteller who can conceptualize and execute to produce content in various formats, through both words and pictures. The Content Creator should be proficient in both long-form storytelling (think: articles/features/emails) and short-form (bite-sized content) and must be a visual thinker (think: graphic, photo-driven and/or dynamic content).
In addition to creating a steady stream of content, the person in this role will also be instrumental in generating larger campaign themes and concepts to promote UJA on various platforms to a range of audiences.
· Storytelling: Get to know the organization and uncover the stories that our donors and prospects need to know. Regularly and creatively produce various content pieces, including articles and features, as well as assets for infographics, social media, blogs, videos, and more. Collaborate with the social media team in the conceptual development of original content for our brand channels, and deepen loyalty by creating compelling email and web communications that inform and engage donors and prospects in our work.
· Content Strategy: Leverage your feel for content to determine what can be repurposed and upcycled across which channels. Recast content so it can come to life across multiple media, including digital, social, email, print, and from print to digital and digital to print.
· Publications/Marketing Material: Take the lead in writing, project managing, and overseeing production of a wide array of materials, including brochures and other print collateral, email marketing, and donor communications.
· Web Content: Work on annual and ad hoc updates to the web to ensure content is current, factually accurate, and well-presented. Develop new pages, working within M&C as well as other departments, and the web team to optimize user experience.
· Trend Watching: Keep pace with what’s trending – both from a content perspective and technological perspective – and apply these trends to a range of deliverables.
· 2-3 years of marketing experience, with a track record of delivering results through idea generation and execution
· Fast and facile copywriter with experience in both long- and short-form copy.
· A visual thinker who understands how to use design to elevate copy.
· Superb communication skills and an innate ability to translate and distill complex material into tight, compelling takeaways.
· Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to work under tight deadlines and with flexibility.
· Driven, positive team player with excellent collaboration skills and ability to work effectively with various clients.
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, etc.); Canva and Keynote; animation skills and video editing a plus.
· Unflappable, able to move with agility and roll with chaos (e.g. good sense of humor and a light-hearted attitude)
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement:
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.