Sid Jacobson JCC and its surrounding campus, the Bernice Jacobson Day School and Camp provide a full range of cutting-edge recreational, health, fitness, educational, cultural arts, and social services programs. We are a national leader in providing care for those suffering from chronic illnesses such as Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Parkinson’s, and other degenerative illness, as well as offering year-round social, recreational, fitness, and vocational programs for children, teens, and adults living with special needs. In addition, we are Long Island’s hub that addresses social justice, uses social action to better our society, and provides volunteers with the opportunity to give back.
We are dedicated to serving every aspect of community wellness, regardless of age or ability. We promote physical health through our innovative health and wellness center, while also providing for emotional and spiritual health through a variety of divorce, bereavement, and cancer support groups. Enjoy a lively Zumba class or work out at our state of the art fitness center. Make new friends. Meet popular authors and inspiring speakers. Celebrate holidays. Play canasta. Practice your Hebrew. Try your hand at watercolor painting. Work out with a personal trainer. We offer educational and interactive programs for seniors 60+ to help them achieve physical fitness, experience the world through cultural programs, keep their minds active with lectures, and engage with their peers in social groups.
We are a value-driven agency, committed to teamwork, collaboration, accountability, excellence, integrity and respect. We believe in outstanding customer service and continued process improvement. We are seeking a dedicated full-time Teacher who displays our shared passion for children and families, values and work ethic.
We recognize the importance of responsible, educated and creative teachers in our classrooms in order to maintain the high quality programs we have worked so hard to achieve. As teachers with SJJCC, your days will include working directly with children in classrooms. You’ll assist the Early Childhood Director in establishing and maintaining a safe, healthy learning environment by planning and implementing high quality learning experiences to advance the development of the whole child in partnership with families and other classroom staff. This position is in Nassau County, (East Hills) Long Island.
How You’ll Help Us Be Successful:
- Perform duties as planned under the leadership of the Early Childhood Director
- Lead, coach and mentor students; model appropriate behaviors and provide appropriate feedback to children and parent
- Encourage children to participate
- Play with the children, including getting down on the floor to interact with them
- Support the social and emotional development of children
- Implement SJJCC’s curriculum in a way that is consistent with the unique needs of each child
- Daily planning and execution of all classroom and outdoor activities that encourage curiosity, exploration, and problem-solving; appropriate to the developmental levels of the children
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the physical, social, and emotional development of children, with an emphasis on language development and emergent literacy skills
- Partner and communicate with parents, with a shared desire to provide the best care and education for their children
- Maintain open, friendly, and cooperative relationships with each child’s family, and encourage their involvement in the program
- Collaborate with Early Childhood staff and leadership to achieve program goals and create a safe, nurturing environment where children can play and learn
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials appropriate to the developmental levels of the children
- Cultivate positive relationships with families, teachers, state licensing authorities, and the community as a whole
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- BA in Early Childhood/ MS in Education is preferred
- New York State Certification in Early Childhood/Elementary Education
- Basic knowledge of Jewish holidays and values is a plus
- Ability to work cooperatively within a team environment
- Strong communication skills
- 2-3 years Early Childhood Education Experience (preferred)
- Outstanding customer service skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations effectively
- A love for children and a strong desire to make a difference every day
- Ability to build relationships with families and coworkers and create a dynamic environment where play and learning happens
- CPR and First Aid Certification or willingness to obtain
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, military status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Disability accommodations
- Inclusive of minority and disadvantaged groups
- LGBTQ+ friendly workplace
- Age-inclusive Diversity and inclusion training or programs
- Health Insurance, Paid time off, Retirement Plan, 100% agency sponsored Pension Plan, Employee Discounts
Sid Jacobson JCC is a beneficiary agency of the UJA Federation of New York.
The Sid Jacobson JCC has a mandatory vaccine policy, a dedicated medical advisory committee, newly installed air filters and air purification systems, common surfaces/areas are sanitized regularly, and members and staff are required to follow CDC regulations.