Adath Israel is a Conservative synagogue in Merion Station, PA. We are a thriving Jewish community on the Main Line. We are seeking Full and Part time dynamic educators (Camp and Substitute Teachers) committed to our teaching staff at our Preschool and Summer Camp programs.
Our Early Childhood Learning Center is a is a special place for education, socialization, skill development for the young children. Every child is encouraged to explore, create, share, and learn at their own pace. Integrated into our program is the development of the child’s awareness of our Jewish heritage and values. We believe that each child is unique and capable with infinite potential. Learning is
hands-on and our commitment to academic excellence and ethical development will help each child to grow cognitively and spiritually. We hope to teach that it doesn't matter how little you are, you have BIG things to offer!
Our school’s criteria are as follows:
- CDA, AA or BA/BS Degree (Lead teachers must have BA/BS Degree)
- Minimum of High School Diploma for Assistant teacher position
- Pennsylvania mandated training hours within 90 days of hire
- Documented experience working with children in an early childhood environment
- Basic computer skills (internet, documentation, family correspondence)
- Ability to co-teach and collaborate with a teaching team
The potential candidate must be able to pass Pennsylvania background screening (PA State Police, PA Child Abuse, FBI Fingerprinting, National Sex Offender Registry) participate in all Teacher in-service/professional Development. You must be fully vaccinated and boosted.
We offer a competitive salary and the option to participate in group health insurance, dental insurance and 403B.
Adath Israel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.