Minneapolis Jewish Federation: We build community, care for the welfare of Jews everywhere and maximize participation in Jewish life
Looking for someone to:
Support the Community Impact & Engagement Department staff for a comprehensive approach to the community planning and funding processes.
TITLE: Community Impact & Engagement Associate
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Community Impact & Engagement
REPORTS TO: Director of Community Impact
STATUS: F/T, EXEMPT SALARY: $37,450 - $46,000
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree required; relevant graduate degree preferred (examples- Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Management, Communal Service or related field)
EXPERIENCE: Administrative grant making, Salesforce, Zoom and other technology platforms.
Relevant work experience preferred (examples-professional experience in community planning, programming, administrative grant making)
SKILLS: Eager to learn and able to adapt to new technological tools. Able to work as a team member.
SCHEDULE FLEXIBILITY: Flexibility for evening meetings and other professional commitments
Overall Position Expectation(s)
CI & E Committee and Teamwork:
· Support and staff committees and meetings
· Assist with administrative related tasks: schedule & coordinate meetings, record keeping etc.
· Support planning and allocation of Federation resources towards local, national, and overseas priorities
· Support strategic planning and new CI&E initiatives and programming
· Support positive relations with local Jewish agencies and synagogues
· Develop a thorough knowledge of local partner agencies and programs and overseas partners
· Leading and managing the camp scholarship process from start to finish via application process and upholding relationships with key camp partners (camps, local organizations, and synagogues)
· Support and maintain Israel Scholarship applications and processes
· Support and maintain additional grant and scholarship applications and processes for other CI&E programs
· Contribute to a team culture of collaboration, creativity, and productivity
· Engage and coordinate volunteers
Uphold and exemplify the Minneapolis Jewish Federation’s mission/vision
Exemplify customer service both internally and externally
Attend Federation events as position requires
Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings
Other duties as deemed necessary to achieve organization/team goals