The Brandeis School of San Francisco has reimagined what is possible in an inclusive, future-focused Jewish day school, becoming an acknowledged leader in asserting the role of spirituality and ethics in education for the whole child. We welcome applicants who seek a school environment that fosters challenging academics, student-centered learning, ethics and spirituality, and innovation. This position will begin in August 2021
FLSA Classification: 100% FTE, exempt position
Term of Position: Job begins August 2022
Reports To: Director of Middle School
Position Purpose: Teach Spanish to sixth, seventh and eight grade students
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Planning and teaching Spanish 1, 2, and 3 level classes in a developmentally appropriate manner, with an emphasis on differentiating instruction and using assessments effectively.
• Creating an inclusive classroom environment through regular class meetings, supportive exchanges with students, clear expectations for community behavior, and a focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
• Using a broad range of instructional modalities to teach the Spanish language.
• Using a broad range of technology tools to bring to life Spanish instruction.
• Working as an advisor in our middle school advisory program.
• Staffing student overnight trips with advisory groups.
• Working and communicating effectively with parents and staff members.
• Articulating and modeling the school’s mission and core values.
• Supporting and following the school’s policies and procedures.
• Positively contributing to the professional community.
• Bachelor’s degree required, in subject matter preferred.
• Fluency in modern Spanish.
• Teaching credential preferred.
• A minimum of three years teaching in an independent school setting preferred.
• Eligible to work in the US.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Demonstrated leadership and facilitative skills.
• Regularly sit, talk, run, move equipment, hear and visually interact with students.
• Be able to occasionally lift up to 25 lbs.
• Regularly use close and distance vision.
• Work at a desk and computer screen.
• Turn, bend, reach, and occasionally use a ladder.
• Work in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and outside in both hot and cold climates.
The school offers competitive compensation based on prior experience, education, and position requirements. Medical, dental, life, and long-term disability and retirement benefits are provided. More information about the school can be found on our website at www.sfbrandeis.org. The Brandeis School of San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Instructions for applying
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send a resume and cover letter, including details of your experience to [email protected]