Exciting things are happening at Congregation Shaarey Zedek (CSZ) and we are seeking some committed people who can help us connect with and engage the congregation and the broad Jewish community in our inclusive, deeply connected, and evolving synagogue. Are you someone who wants to join our journey?
Summary: CSZ is seeking a Marketing professional with at least 3 years of experience who can manage all of our marketing projects, consisting of print, electronic, and social media communications that serve to promote the synagogue throughout the community.
The Marketing & Communications Coordinator is a full-time regular position and reports to the Director of Engagement.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strategic thinker who has brand management experience and experience in developing a marketing plan and coordinating the deployment of concurrent tasks related to print, electronic, and social media.
- Experience writing media advisories, press releases and informal announcements
- Ability to update and maintain websites and databases (Knowledge of WordPress or another CMS preferred)
- Supervisory experience of designers and other marketing staff
- Detail and goal oriented
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team of professionals
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Understand and make recommendations relative to brand identity and act as a brand ambassador
- Develop an annual marketing plan, consistent with the CSZ brand, that includes key messaging across all types of communication channels.
- Oversee all CSZ marketing channels and make effective and efficient recommendations for overall messaging and communication
- Write and disseminate media advisories and press releases
- Create and share messaging on behalf of the clergy and congregation as needed
- Manage website content and maintenance
- Partner with Director of Engagement to strategize and plan the calendar for all CSZ promotional and social media efforts
- Coordinate and oversee execution of all print, electronic, and social media communications
- Supervise graphic designers and social media consultants
Compensation: $55,000 - $60,000 annually depending upon experience. CSZ offers a generous benefits package including health insurance, dental, vision, paid vacation and sick leave, and paid Jewish and secular holidays.
Application: Please email a resume and cover letter to [email protected] to apply. No phone calls please.