Gateways: Access to Jewish Education is seeking an speech-language pathologist to work in Jewish private day schools providing both direct service to students and consultation to teachers. This is a school-year position, projected at 5-10 hours/week, and reports to the Director of Day School Programs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determining students’ needs through observation and assessment
• Developing and implementing individualized student learning plans
• Providing direct specialized instruction to individuals and small groups both in and out of the classroom
• Providing coaching and consultation to teachers on implementation of inclusion strategies
• A minimum of three years of related experience
• Experience with a variety of student assessment tools and strategies; additional experience in coaching or consulting to teachers preferred
• Thoughtful communication skills; professionalism and sensitivity in interacting with parents, teachers, and a diverse learning population
• Strong organizational skills
• MA license as a registered speech-language pathologist
• Ability to travel between schools
• Commitment to Gateways’ mission and the field of Jewish education
About the Organization
Gateways provides high quality special education services, expertise, and support to enable students with diverse learning needs to succeed in Jewish educational settings and participate meaningfully in Jewish life. For more information visit www.jgateways.org.
Cover letters and resumes will be accepted only through our online system at http://tinyurl.com/gatewaysjobs. Candidates will be considered on a rolling basis until position is filled.