About the Organization:
UJA-Federation of New York is the largest local philanthropy in the world. For more than 100 years, we’ve brought New Yorkers together to solve some of the most pressing problems facing our community. Thanks to our network of hundreds of non-profits, we can leverage our expertise across any number of areas — including health and human services, arts and culture, and education — to care for Jews everywhere and New Yorkers of all backgrounds, respond to crises close to home and far away, and shape our Jewish future. Our reach extends from New York to Israel to nearly 70 other countries around the world, touching 4.5 million people each year.
Visit our career site to learn more: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
J-Teen Leadership is UJA Federation of NY's community service, leadership development program for Jewish high school students from all backgrounds and affiliations who want to make a difference in the world today. Through local programs and national and international service projects, JTL provides a platform for teens to develop a collective voice, connect to other teens and become change agents in repairing the world.
The J Teen Leadership Coach works closely with the J Teen Program Executive for the strategic development of programming and engagement of teens and their parents in northern and southern Westchester.
Ideal candidates will have deep experience in teen programming, Jewish communal programming and a deep interest in growing with the program and in UJA-Federation. We are open to full-time and part-time candidates.
- Connecting to the teens on a daily and weekly basis, and engaging them to learn, grow, and take on responsibilities
- Developing and implementing the leadership model for the organization's teen co-chairs and cabinet members, and coaching the teens in peer leadership and peer engagement
- Planning with teen co-chairs and overseeing two monthly Leadership Circle meetings
- Communicating with the parents about J-Teen Leadership programming and the needs and challenges that teens face
- Believing in the ability of teens, empowering them to be proactive and make a difference in the world today
- Working to identify opportunities to recognize the work of teen leaders, nominations for awards etc.
- Managing online communication with the teens directly and on social media
- Oversee all local projects from scheduling, planning, recruiting teens, following up, and giving feedback
- Coordinate with local sites and partners to continue and deepen the relationship between them and the program
- Manage all aspects of the local programs including communication, promotion, logistics, budgeting and execution
- Work with the director to measure and track impact and involvement, to support recruitment, storytelling and development efforts
- Significant experience engaging, motivating, empathizing and mentoring teens
- Strong active listening skills, sense of humor, lots of patience, and creativity is a must
- Experience leading teen programs/group work
- Desire and ability to receive feedback and grow with the organization
- Proven ability and past success as a leader
- Efficient, effective and reliable professional
- Knowledgeable about the Jewish tradition, core values, and how to translate them to practical everyday living
- Five-day work week may include evenings and most Sundays
- Bachelor’s degree required
The salary range for this role is $60,000 to $65,000; commensurate with experience and qualifications listed above. We are open to PT candidates.
How to Apply:
Equal Opportunity Employment. Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Please submit your application directly to our job board at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/UNI1075UJAF.
Great Perks. Because We Appreciate Great Employees.
We offer a generous number of vacation days and have the Jewish holidays off as well. Fridays our offices close early (October to March at 3:00 pm and April to September at 4:00 pm). All so you can relax and recharge.
UJA provides a top-tier medical and dental plan, along with a flexible spending account. We also offer life insurance. And for a small cost you can take part in on-site yoga and exercise classes at our Manhattan office. Wellness matters to us.
Planning for Retirement
UJA employees can enroll in a pension plan and tax deferred annuity.
Classes, workshops, and compelling speakers will keep you at the top of your game.
We come together as a staff to commemorate holidays (from Rosh Hashanah to MLK Day), volunteer at nonprofits, and celebrate our accomplishments together. (Our chocolate chip cookies are legendary!)
Some More (Yes, more!)
We also offer a backup childcare program. And a commuter benefit plan. So you can get to work and feel good about it.
Also, a lot of the times, we’re wearing jeans.