Lech Lecha, Transformative Wilderness Adventures, is seeking a Programming Director. The director will be responsible for:
- Building connections with past and future participants in order to create thriving Lech-Lecha communities in a variety of localities.
- Planning and logistical coordination of immersive outdoor adventure treks.
- Creating budgets and processing registration.
- Soliciting and working with partner organizations.
- Staff training facilitation.
- Participant communications.
Hours: 12-20 hours/week
Experience in outdoor adventure and program development. Familiarity with excel and budget creation. Strong communication skills. Seeking an individual motivated to learn and develop, interested in becoming familiar with the inner workings of non-profit management and social entrepreneurship.
Skills We are seeking candidates possessing the following skills and aspirations:
- Program Development: reading maps, creating itineraries, developing educational program curriculum, and diversifying our portfolio.
- Organizational skills: Juggling multiple projects and tasks is common in this role. Our Programming Director will have significant autonomy in completing assigned tasks and will be supported in remaining organized and responsible.
- Detail-oriented: In many ways the director will be the face of our organization, in communication with participants and organizations. Orientation to detail is an important skill that presents professionalism and responsibility.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills: The role entails writing clearly, concisely, and professionally and communicating warmly and caringly with participants.
- Teamwork: This position will be highly collaborative, working with trek organizers, Lech Lecha director, and our fundraising officer.
This is a part-time, remote position in which you will be working in conjunction with our team on the web and over the phone. We are a burgeoning entrepreneurial non-profit, and your creativity is highly encouraged.
Over the coming years, we are confident that this position will transform into a full-time, demanding role. There is much room for continued growth in our organization and your experience here will be highly transferable to future jobs elsewhere.