This position is grant funded and will be supported through the academic year at a rate of $50- $70 per hour.
Timeframe for Consultancy:
Approximately 10 hours per week
Do you love working with kids and leading service and learning for young families? The Young Family Program Consultant will run about two service learning programs per week, utilizing Repair the World’s program model and will be supported by Repair the World NYC’s Family & Youth Senior Program Manager. Programs will focus on food, housing and education justice and will provide meaningful ways for parents and young kids to connect with the needs of Repair’s service partners. Join us in making NYC a more equitable place for all and nurturing the next generation of changemakers.
Weekday programs will take place between 4 and 7 pm.
Weekend programs will take place on Saturdays or Sundays during the day.
Repair the World mobilizes Jews and their communities to take action to pursue a just world, igniting a lifelong commitment to service. We believe service in support of social change is vital to a flourishing Jewish community and an inspired Jewish life. Repair the World NY devotes a significant portion of our programming to engaging families with young children in meaningful service and learning. We have been leading family engagement work for the last four years and are seeking a consultant to help us elevate the work during the 2021-2022 program year.
About the position:
- Support and lead early childhood and family volunteer projects
- Adapt and create new content for service learnings that is rooted in social justice and Jewish values
- Collaborate with service organizations and programming partners such as schools, faith-based institutions, and museums to run in-person programs
What we’re looking for:
- Strong facilitation skills
- Experience in early childhood education
- Expertise with some form of arts for young children: storytelling, art, visual arts, music, puppetry, etc.
- Organized and can manage multiple projects
- Strong written and oral communication
- Collaborator within small team
- Comfortable with working weekday evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with Brooklyn or Harlem neighborhoods and communities
How to Apply:
Sumit cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Preferred deadline 12/13/2021
Repair the World Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, alienage or citizenship status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.